Monday, February 27, 2023

A Day Of Shopping

Last week, me and my son and brother-in-law got off the mountain and took a drive to the city for the day.  It was a day of shopping, lunch, exploring, and fun.  The drive was nice this time for me, as my brother-in-law drove, and I was able to take pictures of the scenery, even from the inside of his truck.









A little further down the highway, we could see the Trinity Alps in the distance.  I didn't realize how high the Trinity Alps were, with an elevation of 9,001 ft.  They say that it's a spectacular, rugged, and wild terrain. 









We got into the city, and we went to all the main shops.  I remember having all these shops close by in my old town, but here in the mountains, we don't have nearly as much shopping, so I was very excited.  Our first stop was my favorite, Target.  I bought the grandgirls a little something and will give it to them when I visit soon.



While me and my son went inside Target and looked around, my brother-in-law went to the grocery store for a few things he needed.  He ended up buying me a bunch of groceries too.



The next stop was the Mall.  It wasn't too crowded, and it was a delight to go into See's Candies and pick out all my favorite pieces.  I found a coffee cup at the mall, and it reminded me of my Polish cup that broke, and I never replaced it.



The next stop was Kohl's, and I bought a mint green sweater.  They have all the Winter sales going on, but we still have a couple months of cold weather, so I was glad to find something soft and warm to wear for awhile.

It was time for lunch, and we went to a Wood Fired Pizza place.  Since it is the beginning of the Lent season, I couldn't eat meat that day, so I got a personal veggie pizza with a Greek salad.  Everything was so good.





The highlight of my day was coming out of the pizza place and seeing a red rose petal right next to my brother-in-law's truck along the curb.





Well, we were just about to leave and head back, when I saw it - the best craft store around, so, of course, I had to stop there first.  It's been so long since I've been inside a Michaels store, and I didn't buy anything, but it was sure fun looking.  World Market was right next to it, so we went in there as well.



We brought home a lot of goodies from our shopping day, but it seemed like mine were mostly foods haha.



It was the best day, and I'm grateful to my brother-in-law for driving us there.  I want to do that more often, as we aren't too far from the city.  When we were driving home, we noticed the snowflakes were starting to fall.   And the next day, we were hit with a pretty big snow.









Today and tomorrow we are in for a big snow also, and they say it will be blizzard conditions, oh my.

~Sheri  


27 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Out and about shopping is good for the soul. That pizza looks fabulous.

Peace Thyme said...

What a day you had, Sheri. I have never seen the beautiful Trinity Alps even tho we have lived in California twice over the last 40 years....I hope your weather the last day or so was not too bad.

Billie Jo said...

What a fun, productive day, my friend! Thank you for sharing the photos of your drive. They are stunning! I love your purchases and recognize many of them!! I wish I could have tried that pizza. It looks delicious. Stay safe and cozy!

Debby said...

Good ole Shasta Bally. You were in my stomping grounds! As a child, I spent many a summer in the Trinity Alps. I have such good memories there and the beauty is, much of it has remained the same. Except perhaps the why 299 has been widened. I love Weaverville and we always try and eat and shop there to patronize their local economy. My sons hike and backpack through there and it is one of their favorite places as well.

I prefer Michaels' over Hobby Lobby for craft supplies.

Wow, what a coincidence, finding that red rose.

Looks like more snow is probably heading your way. At this moment I am looking out and seeing a mixture of snow and rain.

Susan said...

Oh Sheri, what a FUN excursion. I love days like that. They are part of the sheer joys of life. You got some good things to bring home, too. I am so happy you were able to do that. It's so nice to have a change of scene. Hugs. Susan

Marilyn Miller said...

What a fun outing. The mountains were gorgeous!
Love, love all the goodies you came home with too.
See's is a favorite and I always find fun things at World Market. The mug was really pretty too.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Sheri, after reading the news this morning, I thought I'd reach out to you and ask how you are! How have you done with all the weather that's hit California?

R's Rue said...

What a lovely day.

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh what gorgeous pictures. You live in one of the most beautiful spots I have ever seen. How fun your day sounds and not only great shopping but filled with good company and wonderful looking food. I bet that pizza was so delicious. Keep safe in your big snow that is coming. It sounds like winter is still very much with you. Take care - Hugs sweet friend.

Carla from The River said...

Hello,
Thank you for the prayers. I am feeling better today Sheri. Goodness, I have not been sick like this for a long time. YUCK.
How is your weather today?

March is roaring in like a lion here, we are under another Winter Weather Storm Warning.

I enjoyed your shopping post. That was fun!!! And that pizza looks so good.
Love, Carla

Chatty Crone said...

I know how you must have liked that shopping trip. Nice of your BIL. I like the same shops you do. Crafts, Kohl's, Sees, the mall - World Market - we have those here too, but haven't been there for a while.
Nice you got so many wonderful things.
I love the snow on top of Trinity Mtn. - the peaks.
Your two girls are so cute.
That pizza looked delicious. And man that was one big squirrel. He looked huge.
I am so glad you got out even though it snowed more later. ☺
Love, sandie

Jeanie said...

You had such a fantastic day -- and good finds, too. Love your cup. And Target is one of my favorite stores. I don't know what they circulate in their air but I always leave with much more than I came in to buy!

The scenery in your world is really spectacular, Sheri. It takes my breath away -- I can't imagine what it would be like to see it so often!

Pam said...

Yay, you got off the mountain just in time...before the snow. Northern Calif has been getting hit really hard with snow. Southern Calif, rain. Sounds like you had a great day out and about and its always nice to bring home goodies!

Linda O'Connell said...

what a fun outing!

Louca por porcelana said...

Great time! Beautiful pictures .

handmade by amalia said...

My kind of fun day, Sheri, I enjoyed tagging along. And I must say - you live in a beautiful part of the world, the views are fantastic.
Amalia
xo

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Cute squirrel;-)

Donna said...

What a sweet BIL...Glad you got to get out before the snows hit! Beautiful part of the country!
hugs
Donna

Dewena said...

How nice that you got out between the snow blizzards to enjoy the treats and necessities of the city! Your drive there is so very scenic but I guess every drive near you is scenic. It is wonderful how shopping like this, with the right people along, lifts the spirits. I hope that chocolate and custard pastry tastes as good as it looks! Your grands are all so pretty!

nonie everythingsewing said...

How fun! The snow looks prettier in your yard then it does in mine! I am slowly getting the hang of shopping in real stores with real people about.
Thank you for taking me along,

Sakuranko said...

Oh very wonderful photos darling
The landscapes are amazing

ashok said...

Great outdoor clicks!

Estelle's said...

Sheri...as always this was a delightful post...your area of the country is just stunning...I loved each photo you took....looks cold but oh so gorgeous....and your shopping trip and lunch...oh boy...the pizza was most likely hot and delish....I love posts that are just a day in the life...you managed to make it fun and so enjoyable...thank you love!

DeniseinVA said...

Great photos Sheri and enjoyed reading all your happenings. Sweet photo of the grandgirls, they are adorable! It is always fun to me to see what people buy when out and about, along with the meals too. I am overdue for a pizza :) and yours looks very yummy. We have a Michaels and a World Market at each end of a large shopping strip about half an hour away, two fun places to browse around for sure. Happy March!

Veronica Lee said...

Sounds like a fun outing.

The mountains are beautiful.

And that pizza looks amazing.

I always enjoy stopping by your blog, Sheri. 🌹

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Sheri,
This shows that you are so much loved for taking you on a beautiful trip and shopping too!
World Market is always a very special place to rummage through. We are more than 2 hours away from any near Atlanta and if I do the usual rounds, it is impossible to add another stop. It would not let me exit the city in time before extreme rush hour around 3:00 PM.
What a beautiful view you had and your pictures are great!
That rose petal no doubt cam straight down from heaven.
Big hugs and you can read my update on my blog...
Mariette

roughterrain crane said...

Your pizza looks yummy.
You still have a big snow. Take care.