Monday, June 5, 2023

Some Interesting Things At Jess' House

Well, it's June already.  I mentioned in my last post that I would share some interesting things at Jess' house while I visited for a week in So Cal.  I stayed with Nel the first part of the week, and with Jess the rest of the week, and on the drive to Jess' house, we all stopped at a popular Mexican restaurant.  It had a fun atmosphere, and the food was delicious.  There was a mural outside the restaurant that was so bright and colorful.



uncle b. bought the girls coloring books, and it was a special time for grandma and Francesca to color together.  Coloring books were actually one of my favorite things to do as a kid, along with creating with paper and glitter and glue.



Jess has a patio area that's so charming, and there is a jasmine bush, an aloe plant, a strawberry plant, and a salsa garden.  It consists of tomatoes, jalapenos, and cilantro.  Also, there sits a little chair with painted rocks.  The ladybug was my favorite.



These vibrant pink flowers were so pretty.  Jess just bought them, and they are coming along nicely.



Francesca has a variety of Barbie dolls, and with them are Princess dolls, which the other grandma gave her.  I had the best time playing Barbie's with her, dressing them up with clothes and accessories.  I told her that I only had one Barbie when I was a girl, and I think she remembered that cause she mentioned it to Jess when I was on the phone with her.   Once a Barbie girl, always a Barbie girl.



*the long brown hair braided doll was Jess' when she was a little girl.  



 We did many things while I was there for the remainder of the time.  We went to Francesca's school, and the three of us went shopping while the dads watched the kids.  Home Goods, Barnes and Noble, and World Market, to name a few.  

Jess prepared a lovely tea party for all of us with sandwiches, fruit, croissants, cheese and crackers, and chocolate.  This picture of the three generations I treasure the most.





And just like that, it was time to go home.  Brian got up very early and drove me to the airport, around 4:00 am, which I appreciate so much.  On my flight, I had a window seat, and talked with a sweet young woman who was born in Rome.  That was interesting for sure.  She was visiting her friend and was going to do some backpacking in the mountains.  We have some of the finest trails here for hiking.

We are supposed to get rain this week, thunderstorms!  I made a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  Homemade cookies are always nice on a rainy day.



~Sheri  

25 comments:

R's Rue said...

What a beautiful family you have

Hena Tayeb said...

Looks like you had a great time with the girls.

Chatty Crone said...

Another beautiful story - I know you had a nice time with Jess! The Mexican Restaurant - I love Mexican food and coloring. I imagine you were a very crafty child.
Love those lady bug rocks too. We colored or painted once as a craft in church - a womans group.
The pink flowers are beautiful.
I played with Barbie too - you had one and gave it to her? Sweet - she has a few there and seems to take really good care of them.
I love Home Goods and the other stores. Wish I had more money - lol.
The tea party was adorable and their little long dresses - they are having a wonderful childhood together - they are lucky.
Gee that was an early flight!!
Love oatmeal cookies too - they looked good.
Bet you were glad to get home too.
Sandie

NanaDiana said...

Oh! I love that you were able to see both girls and that you had fun with the grandbabies. They are getting to be such big girls. I used to sew Barbie clothes and sell them. I got my first Barbie when I was 11 and that is the only one I ever had. I think I got 25 cents to 50 cents for an outfit. I was fascinated with her 'style' because I wore hand-me-downs or mother made my clothes. I started sewing for myself when I was 14 or 15.
I hope you have a wonderful week, Sheri. xo Diana

Ginny Hartzler said...

The pink and white dress Francesca is wearing is so pretty! I only had one Barbie too. I love the pretty mural! and what a gorgeous photo of the three generations; it is priceless. You need to put it in a frame and display it somewhere. I love this cool idea of a cute chair with painted rocks!! and it would be so cheap to do...find a nice little chair at Goodwill and paint it.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Fun visit! Y'all have lovely smiles. The mural is pretty, very cherrful image.

Marilyn Miller said...

Those cookies look delicious!
What a wonderful trip and a tea party too.
You know I would have loved that.
It sounds like shopping was fun too.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I loved Barbies when I was a kid too. I had a lot of clothes and things for them. My granddaughter wasn't interested in playing with them, but my daughter did. I kept everything and gave it all to my granddaughter when she was younger. It was a great day to make cookies. Yours look yummy. Your trip sounds so fun! I am glad you enjoyed yourself!

Donna said...

I know you enjoyed the visit! Grandbabies are the best!!
Those cookies look wonderful...Happy week my friend...
hugs
Donna

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Sheri!

Looking at these photos brings back so many details in memory. The type of home and garden - so lovely that you were able to see your family! My family came out about two weeks ago and another cousin is coming this week! It's interesting for them to see life here where I live; it's not California, that's for sure!

Veronica Lee said...

You have a beautiful family, Sheri.
If I am not mistaken, Barbie only arrived in Malaysia in the 70s so being a boomer, I never had a Barbie.
Those cookies look yummy!
Love the pink and white dress Francesca is wearing.

Hugs and blessings 🌹

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful post. Precious time!

Dewena said...

Francesa's Barbie collection is impressive and looks so well cared for! What a lovely time you had there, you three generations of women. Precious picture! I think that you and your daughters must be very much alike. You certainly enjoy being together. I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip, Sheri!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh it is the best to spend time with your grown children and your grandchildren!! What wonderful memories you have made! I think you all resemble one another. You look like a beautiful family.

Estelle's said...

How I love to see little girls playing with their dolls.....heartwarming....sounds like a lovely trip too! You have a beautiful family and I so enjoy sharing them in your blog posts....and yes...baking cookies on a rainy day....just marvelous!

Carla from The River said...

Hi Sheri,
I always enjoy seeing your girls homes and the special things they do to make home .. home sweet home for their family.
Love, Carla

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Jeanie said...

This looks like the most beautiful holiday together. I love that generations photo -- it's really wonderful. And that restaurant mural. All so lovely, your sweet girls!

ashok said...

Lovely fun post

Linda O'Connell said...

That multi generation photo is a treasure! Those cookies look yummy. Sounds like you all had fun. I enjoy your blog. I am unable to post on my blog again! Working on it.

DeniseinVA said...

How wonderful to visit with your daughters. The mural was fabulous. Nothing like visiting a Mexican Restaurant in Southern California. I remember a neighbor telling me (when we lived in San Diego) that when he went off to college in the middle of the country, his family and friends used to send him care packages full of authentic Mexican food, because he swore there was nothing like it. Sweet photo of Francesca with Uncle B’s coloring book. I used to color with my niece when she was little and with her friend, and they both have good memories of those days so that always makes me happy :) I love how Jess has utilized her patio area, it looks such a restful place to sit for a spell. Each photo is a delight, especially the family ones. It must have been a fantastic time for you all. More great memories for the memory bank. Happy weekend to you Sheri :)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Grandchildren are just the sweetest joy! Love the mural!

handmade by amalia said...

A fun visit with your beautiful family, dear Sheri. I love the rocks painted as ladybugs (I like my bugs to have good manners).
Amalia
xo

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Sheri - such a delight to see the three generations together. It looks like Nel and Jess both have interesting things. That Mexican Restaurant with its mural is so colorful. Bet the food is wonderful as well. Now those chocolate chip cookies sound so good for a rainy day that I just might have to stop by and visit awhile! :) Hugs!