Monday, May 29, 2023

Some Interesting Things At Nel's House

When I visited the family recently in So Cal, I stayed with Nel and Jess both, and we did so many fun things.  We walked a lot, shopped a lot, and ate a lot.  Whenever I go to my daughters' houses, I always love to look around and see what's new, or any projects they've done.  Neither of them have a particular style in their home decor.  They like unique things, one of a kind, sort of an eclectic style, which I appreciate as well.  Here are a few things at Nel's house that caught my eye and were interesting to me.  First of all, my plane flight there, having a view of the plane soaring in the sky and above the clouds was pretty interesting.  And in about an hour, I was there!





 grandma bought the kids this little unicorn bracelet that lights up, and they had fun with them.





All week, we enjoyed these raspberry heart cookies from Trader Joe's with our coffee.  They were scrumptious, and turns out they both had these at their houses at the same time while I visited.



Nel bought me some roses for mother's day, and Mia popped her head in for the picture.





uncle b. bought the kids some Legos of the castle in Frozen.  Me and Nel had more fun than the kids putting it together, and it wasn't as easy as it looks, cause it was a miniature castle.



Mia's sparkly boots.



I got my fill of Italian, my favorite food, as Renecke made homemade pizza one night.  It was so good that I didn't get a picture of it, and just dug in.  Another night, Nel made spaghetti and raviolis with pesto sauce.....delicious.







Nel's grandfather had this seagull at his house for years, and now Nel has it in her back yard.  The purple flowers she planted are gorgeous.







The fairy garden is raked and groomed every so often, and Nel keeps it up nicely.  Also, the jasmine bush is getting ready to bloom, and there was a waft of jasmine scent lingering in the air.





Someone got into the lipstick!



We went to a cafe one morning for breakfast, and these blueberry pancakes were the best I've ever tasted!



The pink flowers in the Starbuck's drive through were pretty, and had the most brilliant color.





Nel had tickets in advance to see Andrea Bocelli, so her and her in-laws went to the concert one night while I stayed home with Mia.  She had a great time, and his grand voice amplified the theatre.





Well, that's about it.  Next time, I'll share with you a few of the interesting things at Jess' house while I visited.  ; )

~Sheri

23 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Wonderful trip. The flowers are pretty. The gull looks real!

nonie everythingsewing said...

Looks like so much fun! Lots of good food too!

R's Rue said...

So lovely of a time.

ashok said...

You had a lovely trip.

NanaDiana said...

I love to see what is happening when you visit your kids. I can't believe how cute your grands are...well, I guess I CAN believe it...adorable--especially the sparkly shoes!
I have put together those Lego things for kids and you are right, it is no easy task. The flowers are gorgeous! Can't wait to see what is happening at your other daughter's house. xo Diana

Tammie Lee said...

It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful, fun and yummy trip. So happy for you.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can't wait to see your next post! these Starbucks flowers are gorgeous! So are the purple ones. The food all looks so yummy, and is making me hungry. What an adorable lipstick photo! How long did it take to make the castle?

Marilyn Miller said...

Many years ago I enjoyed concerts at that same Hollywood Bowl.
Love the red lipstick and flowers too.
What a lovely visit.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Looks like you had a wonderful visit! Legos are hard to put together. My kids and grandkids love them. Your meals all look delicious. Yummy!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Sheri!

Family visits are so special and I'm glad you got a chance to take a short flight to visit with them!

Carla from The River said...

Hi Sheri,
I always love when you share your family with us. The food, the decor and the little things like the cookies. I love it.
I would love to see Andrea Bocelli in concert.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely post!

Debbie Nolan said...

Sheri - it looks like you had a great trip. Bet your granddaughters loved the bracelet. They both appear to be growing up fast. Gorgeous pink roses - what a wonderful gift. Those blueberry pancakes made my mouth water. Glad you got to Starbucks too. Looking forward to seeing more of your trip in the next post. In the meantime hope this week is being good to you. Hugs!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hello Dear Sheri - Looks like you had a wonderful time with your sweet girls. Mia is growing into a beautiful young lady - I do like her sparkly boots! So many wonderful memories made. xx All the food looks amazing (and now I am hungry!). Nel keeps a pretty garden. Legos are fun - with 5 grand-boys, we do lots of Lego building. I am catching up and will scroll down to see what you have been up to lately. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Sending hugs xo K

Jeanie said...

It's fun stepping into Nel's world. Little Mia is growing up and so pretty. I loved the gardens and oh, that food! Must try those TJ raspberry heart cookies! So many beautiful touches -- but I think the best is Mia!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh this is going to be a long answer. I loved everything you showed pictures of.
What a nice visit with your girls and can't wait to see the next post.
I love the unicorn bracelets - and the Frozen Legos playset. My grandson Will used to love Legos too.
My house is eclectic too - I just put in what I lick.
I want to go to Trader Joes for those cookies?
And the pictures of all the flowers just make me feel happy and appreciate God for all he does for us. I love the flowers by Star Bucks too.
The lipstick was so cute!
And you were WELL FED there for sure.
I have to say I love Andrea Bocelli - about the only opera singer I like - have you heard his daughter sing? I believe his son does too.
I am trying to remember if I know what Jasmine smells like.
The sparkly boots.
And those delicious blueberry pancakes - I want some.
Looks like you had a great time and I am so glad.
sandie

Red Rose Alley said...

Thank you, Ben, for following us. I appreciate that very much.

Linda O'Connell said...

Sheri, I know when I visit your blog I will be treated to color and cuteness. What a fun trip. And your doll baby is adorable.

Chakra Series said...

I like your blog very much :)

Red Rose Alley said...

Thank you, Kepekli, for following us. I appreciate that very much.

Donna said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip! Granbabies are gorgeous...
The flowers are all so pretty...at starbucks, especially.
hugs
Donna

ashok said...

Adorable post. Looks like a lovely trip for you!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

It looks like a wonderful visit for you and the girls. Grands are always such fun, right?!