Monday, May 1, 2023

May, What's Not To Love?

It was warm last week, and it feels like Spring is starting to come around.  We're supposed to get some rain this week, but then sunshine again, and it feels like Spring may be here to stay.



A large area of my house has pine walls and looks rustic, which I like, but I wanted to give the room a more feminine look, and I found this painting while out shopping one day, and loved it.



The Robins are coming around lately, and swooping down on my lawn every day, and it's good to see these gentle birds again.





Mia at her field trip to the crayon factory.  Patient dad is helping out.


It got me thinking of all the field trips that I went on when my kids were little.  I was always the class mom, helping out in the classroom with a few other moms, who became friends over the years.  I have great memories of that time, although I was pooped at the end of those field trip days keeping track of all the kids in my group and making sure they returned safely back to school.  I think my kids enjoyed their mom being in the classroom for parties and all those special school events.  When Nel told me that Mia went to the crayon factory, I smiled, because I still have the box of crayons that Nel had when she was in grade school, and I've been saving them for her.  I appreciate that she wants them!

Cleo is getting bigger by the day, and I'm wondering how I'll do with her when I come to visit the family soon.  I've always been a dog person, and have had dogs in almost every home we lived in.  But just look at those eyes!



I bought a new blouse for my trip coming up.  It's Springy and cheerful, reminds me of So Cal.  Nel has a rack of jewelry hanging in her bedroom, and when I saw this bracelet, I loved it, and she gave it to me.  It goes just right with my blouse.



  Francesca at Disney - she met Elsa!

And a giant Snickers Mickey macaron.  Jess said it was beyond delicious!



May...it's not too warm out yet, flowers are starting to bloom, Mother's Day, what's not to love?







~Sheri


24 comments:

R's Rue said...

What joyful photos. Love you.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely post;-)

Jeanie said...

Love your new blouse! And Cleo. And all your beautiful tulips and new painting!

I'm sure there is a good cat sitter about who can come in once or twice a day to feel Cleo, clean the box and give her a little love. They don't need a lot of tending but will be glad to have you back home!

Donna said...

I LOVE the flowers. I'm trying to find purple hyacinth here...no luck.
I didn't know there WAS a Crayon factory! lol
Beautiful babies!
hugs
Donna

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh I have a lot to say - love your blog.
I love spring and the daffodils - that last picture - is that your house? It is GORGEOUS with all those flowers.
I also think the picture you bought was just the ticket to add some femineity in your home. ☺
Love the robins - we have them here too.
Funny I was always Andy's grandma home room mom - the parents of today were so busy, and I loved it too.
Did Mia make crayons at the crayon factory?
You will love Cleo - I am a dog person too thought.
And Francesca seeing Elsa - how cool.
Pretty post today.
sandie

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh Sheri that blouse is so lovely and for sure the bracelet is perfect. Bet Francesca was super happy meeting Elsa.

As for Cleo I am sure she will be fine. She is adorable friend. Hope you enjoy all those spring flowers. Most of mine for the season have faded. Already I am missing them.

Hugs!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your header and flowers are gorgeous! and I love your new painting; I would have bought it as well. The top and necklace are so beautiful!! We seem to have the same taste. Mia is so beautiful!

Carla from The River said...

I am so excited to hear about your up coming trip. I will be praying for you as you travel.

I was a class mom too. I am so thankful I was able to spend that time with my boys and their teachers and classmates.
Love, Carla

Billie Jo said...

A beautiful post filled with flowers, memories, loved ones, and so much more! I am so excited about your trip. What fun you will have! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

Red Rose Alley said...

Sandie, no, not my house. It's a little hair salon down the road, which I believe has closed. It's a cute building.

Nellie said...

Cleo!! I’ve missed hearing about this addition! You have such a lovely time planned! The crayon factory must have been a lot of fun! I’ve never been to any of the Disney parks; probably never will make it to one. It looks like fun, though. Francesca must have been happy. Enjoy your traveling! I’ve missed too many of your recent blog posts! As I scrolled through them, I saw how much snow you’ve had! We had a very mild winter here. Take care!

Terra said...

I love robins and your photos are great, also that is a pretty floral top you bought.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Sheri,
Cleo is adorable. I am sure you are enjoying her. I love your new blouse and your painting too! I think the painting will add a lot of color to your pine. So pretty! I had to laugh about being a Mom that went on field trips. I did that too and worked in the classroom and also was a Cub Scout leader. I was so lucky to also have a job at school that allowed me to do everything. I can't believe it is already May!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I cannot believe it's May; we are still wearing our coats! The wind has been terrible but the sunshine is trying to tell us something: spring is here.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Your blouse and bracelet are a great match. Happy Travels.
The flowers this year are slow here.

Patricia said...

Hi Sheri, it is looking very like Springtime, and your flowers are lovely. Your new blouse looks perfect for travel, and how well the bracelet goes with it. Enjoy your trip.

Pam said...

Love all the blooms. My iris are finishing up right now. Waiting to see what pops up out of the ground next....Trying to get to the point that everything comes back so I can stop buying plants! lol....Crayon factory....cool. I keep a tin of crayons here for the boys but, they are grown enough that they don't care to color, they are all about video games. I love that frame pic. So pretty.

Dewena said...

Your bracelet is perfect with your new blouse! How nice that you'll be visiting family soon in the beautiful month of May. Cleo does have beautiful eyes. I'm a dog person too but did love the cats our kids had while growing up. And I was always class mother too! I look back happily on those days. Safe travel, Sheri!

Ann said...

Love your flowers pics Sheri.
I've been out of the blogsphere for so long,
and today I've just reminded to check out yours, very heartwarming and refreshing still.
Awww me too, I am such s class mom, it has been a joy and privilege to have
a son to care for and having him in my life is such a delight.

This is such a lovely visit, still love your blog ♥

Ann
https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

nonie everythingsewing said...

Cleo, has stolen my heart. I was always a dog person until Drusilla came into my life and I learned cats have a very special way of letting you know they love you.
A very beautiful post.

Veronica Lee said...

Your new blouse is lovely, Sheri.
I can see how thrilled Francesca was to meet Elsa.
Your flowers are gorgeous and Cleo is adorable.

Hugs and blessings 🌹

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful roses in your header and the daffodil is like sunshine as are the tulips and grape hyacinths(?). Great find on that pretty painting. Always good to see the robins. We have had a few around here lately. The photos of Maria at the crayon factory are darling. What a fun school trip that must have been. And of Nel and how I love her dress with the big bow. Cute photo of Francesca at Disney. I have a little niece who loves Elsa and could sing the Your kitty is adorable. I would choose the blouse. The bracelet is a perfect fit. Have a great weekend Sheri!

roughterrain crane said...

Your words and photos tell me we can find lots of happiness even in a single day.

Marilyn Miller said...

What a cute Cleo!
The tulips are gorgeous!
Love the bracelet.
And meeting Elsa is so special!