Monday, June 19, 2023

Claremont Village

 When I visited So Cal recently, we went to many different places, and one of them was Claremont Village.  I always have to make a stop here when I visit, cause it's such a neat place with good restaurants and plenty of cute shops to browse at.  It's a must to go to Some Crust Bakery and get one of their warm blueberry Danishes to enjoy with our coffee.  It has a quaint atmosphere with workers that are very friendly and helpful.

Mia loves the blueberry Danishes too, and gets excited when she hears we're going to the bakery.  She calls them Dinishes.

It's time to do some shopping, and I have to stop at my favorite shop that has many unique and eclectic items.  I usually buy something here, but didn't find anything today.



It's time for lunch, and this little taco shop has the best tacos that I've ever tasted.  I've tried lots of tacos in my day, and these are incredible.  At first, I thought it was just a taco stand to order and pick up, but there is a small area in the back with a canopy to sit and enjoy your food.  There was a donkey carved out of wood and pretty red tropical flowers.  I don't have the pictures anymore, but I did manage to save a picture of the delicious tacos.





Afterwards, we walked around and did some more shopping, and noticed this little donut shop that makes miniature donuts.  Kind of pricey, but we bought a few to take home to enjoy with our coffee that evening.



It's always a fun time visiting Claremont Village.  Nel and Jess sometime go there for the day, and have dinner at one of the many restaurants that grace the streets of the village.



In other news......

Francesca lost her first tooth!



~Sheri


20 comments:

R's Rue said...

All the food has me hungry

Linda O'Connell said...

The girls are adorable. And the food sounds delightful. Linda O'Connell (still no blog)

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Tooth Congratulations
to Francesca!

Lovely place, that Danish looks perfect.

Sandi said...

Those dinishes look delicious!

Congrats on the tooth. I think that's what you say, right? 😀

Ginny Hartzler said...

Francesca is beyond cute! I think kids look so much cuter with missing teeth. Wish I could go to Claremont Village. That little shop looks so unique, kind of like a building out of the Hobbit.

Carla from The River said...

Will the Tooth Fairy visit?

We still have the sweet little pillow the boys would put their teeth in for the Tooth Fairy to pick up. Sweet memories.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a beautiful little village.

Debby said...

Aww Francesca looks so darn cute missing a tooth. Those "dinishes" look like something I would love to eat. I have a thing for flakey pastries. The tacos look good too. I hope you enjoy your week. God Bless

DeniseinVA said...

Looks like you all had an awesome time and the children are very sweet. I like the look of this village very much. A great memory maker! We are still talking about a place we used to go to in California when our son was small. One of the first bookshops we ever saw with a coffee shop/cafe inside. Have a great week Sheri!

Marilyn Miller said...

What fun to visit Claremont Village. Those tacos look absolutely delicious. I can never pass up a pastry or donut shop too. It sounds like you had a wonderful adventure, even with the missing tooth.

Veronica Lee said...

Congrats to Francesca!
The girls are ADORABLE!
Love the enchanting village.

Hugs and blessings, Sheri 🌹

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Sheri!

Congratulations to Francesca on her loss of that baby tooth! LOL

I've never been to Claremont Village, in fact, I have no idea what part of California it's in. I'll need to look that up!

Louca por porcelana said...

Adorable Grands! Great time! Blessings.

Chatty Crone said...

I hope the tooth Fairy gave Francesca a good tip for her tooth - so cute. I remember those days.
Claremont Village looks wonderful - all the shops and food. That blueberry Danish looked delicious.
That taco - I couldn't tell with my eyes what that red piece was - sorry.
The sauce looks a little darker than what we have here - ours is more red.
And the chips a little thicker.
Funny how from place to place things change just a little bit - I bet yours is more authentic.
The donuts looked so cute.
Sorry I am late - Rick is in the hospital with heart issues again.
Love, sandie

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely post!

Donna said...

Both the babies are so beautiful!
Look at all the goodies! Five pounds gained here!! lolol
hugs
Donna

nonie everythingsewing said...

Sounds so perfectly perfect. What a cute shop to browse and find just that certain 'thing' I love doing at. Good to know the tacos were as good as they look!

Debbie Nolan said...

Sheri - that blueberry danish looks so good. I can see why you would have to stop there when you visit Claremont. Mia could not be any cuter. Bet she just loves going shopping with you. Hope the good tooth fairy visited Francesca. What a sweetie. Love seeing your photos especially of the street with flowering trees. Looks like such a great place to visit. Take care friend and have a wonderful end to your week. Hugs!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hello Sheri, it looks like you had a fun time shopping and having a delicious lunch and treats with your sweet girls. Mia is the cutest in her little dress and Francesca losing her tooth is so precious. They grow up so fast. My two oldest grandsons lost their first tooth this year, too. Seems like yesterday they were little chubby babies. Hope you are enjoying a nice, relaxing weekend. Sending hugs xo K

Estelle's said...

What a little cutie Mia is....one of my favorite names by the way....and oh my....the blueberry pastry...oh yes, yes...