Monday, June 26, 2023

Just Because

Not sure if you remember the gnome kit I got the kids back in Feb.  Well, Jess and Francesca just put them together on their Summer break, and had a fun time creating them.  I think they turned out really cute.



Also, uncle b. got the kids the Legos castle in Frozen, and they just put together Anna's castle.  Jess said it was a perfect gift cause Francesca already had Elsa's, so now she has Anna's too.



I saw this fellow through the window, and took a few pictures until I shooed him away.  He's a pretty bird for sure, but I can't tell you how many holes he's pecked under the eaves of my house, and his constant knocking is sometimes a distraction.





I went to the home shop and talked with the owner, A, while I browsed.  I've always loved this statue when I visited in the past, so I bought it.  It was filled with grapes and greenery, but I thought it was too much, so I took it out, and placed a simple blush rose in it.





My son had the day off from work, and went down the mountain into the city for the day.  He had a great time, and brought me home some goodies, as he knows I don't drive to the city that often.  Whooohooo, a big box with all my favorite pieces.



I've been dealing with a big plumbing issue at my house all last week.  But thanks to my brother and a good plumber, it's almost finished.   My first peach rose bloomed at just the right time (peach rose symbolizes gratitude).  It made it through the cold winter and snow.



My pink rose bush also made it through the winter.  We have some pretty harsh weather here during that time, and I was surprised to see it sprouted up again this Spring.



Francesca is on Summer break from school, and Jess always finds wonderful cafes and places to get a treat and spend some time together.

My son fried up some battered shrimp one night with his own special sauce to go with it.  It was really good.



I've had lots of things to take care of this month, plumbing issues, car maintenance, dental work, and sometimes it all seems to come at once, doesn't it?  So, I thought I'd cook a meatloaf one night for comfort food.



I saw this card at the store and thought it was so pretty.  I want to frame it sometime.  I'd like to have more florals in my home this Summer.



When I look at this picture of Mia, it takes me back ** years.  I looked a lot like her when I was a child.

  Happy Summer!

See what I mean.....



~Sheri 

 

23 comments:

R's Rue said...

So much goodness in one post. Love it.

Sandi said...

I love that there is such a thing as a gnome kit!

Do you share your meatloaf recipe? 🙂

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely post;-)

Debbie Nolan said...

Sheri - I do see you in Mia. So fun to view those old photos of black and white. Have several in my albums too. Your son's shrimp looks fabulous and I love your statue with the rose.
It looks like winter didn't hurt those gorgeous roses one bit. Did not know that the peach color rose meant gratitude. Very appropriate meaning because roses are certainly something to be so grateful for in this life.
Hope your plumbing, car maintenance and dental issues are in the past and all is well. Have a wonderful week dear friend. Hugs!

Chatty Crone said...

Ah my goodness you have had your share of issues so far this summer and big ones. No fun - but you have kept positive in spite of it. I am proud of you.
Love the gnome kits and funny every little girl just loves the Frozen movies don't they?
That woodpecker was GORGEOUS! You could even see his eye - was he looking at you?
Your status is beautiful too and I love your roses. I do like the card with the roses on it.
Nice your son bought you your See's Candee's. They looked good.
Meatloaf and scrimp - you are eating well for sure.
Yes Mia looks like you and Francesca and her mom have some good times.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a great idea to put a single rose in the little statue, it really elevates it! The crafts are all adorable!!!

NanaDiana said...

OMGOSH- Your grandgirl looks just like you. She is adorable and I know she is wrapped around your heart. Your son sounds like a keeper and I know he is good to you. He seems a like my youngest son.
Your little gnomes are as cute as can be as are the Elsa castles...Frozen is such a sweet show. My littles were crazy about it when it came out.
Hope you have a great week. xo Diana

Marilyn Miller said...

The roses are beautiful.
What a cute gnome kit. They turned out great.
Love the statue with the single rose.
What a nice son to bring you Sees.

Louca por porcelana said...

Your Grands are adorable and yes, Mia looks like you!!! Your roses are so beautiful and precious. That bird is gorgeous. I love your angel, it is very pretty. Those shrimps are mouthwatering! Your son is a great and kind friend like you! Hugs. Happy July.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Mia is your image, Sheri. I so enjoyed catching up with you and your world, my friend! Your food looks so good. And your son's shrimp are beautiful--one of my favorites. The woodpecker photos are beautiful. I'm so sorry you are having plumbing issues, but it sounds like it will soon be resolved! You are right, sometimes when it rains, it pours. Thank you so much for checking on me, dear one. I am fine and trying to catch up after being gone for 5 months.

Jeanie said...

That shrimp looks great. And I love your woodpecker, although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't much love the pecking on the house. The photos of your girls are wonderful. Such delightful smiles. And they did a great job with the gnomes. Glorious roses, sweet candy, so much to love here (including your new Home Goods purchase!)

nonie everythingsewing said...

What a fun, happy post. I am finding I love gnomes, so some might want to come live with me.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Sheri,
Mia does look like you! My grand daughter looks so much like her other Grandma too. I love the gnome kits. And gotta love Frozen! (-: Your son is so kind to get you your favorite treats. Yum!
My brother had a woodpecker that got into his attic and made a huge mess so be careful not to let them do that! I love your statue. I hope July is a better month for you. Nothing worse than having plumbing problems, dental and car at the same time.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh, Mia does look like you, Sheri! Two little cutie-pies! Now that I have grandchildren, I can see resemblances with different members of the family and even with great-grandparents and aunts and uncles long gone. It's so nice that you have your son and brother to help you out and bring you special treats. I love that. The little gnomes turned out so cute and the 'Frozen' castle, too. My grandsons love that movie, too. Lol! I think it's because they have a crush on Elsa! xx The woodpecker is beautiful, but yes, they can do damage. I've heard that if you put a fake owl on the roof or nearby, it can deter them. Glad that you have your plumbing repaired, and have the car and dental appts. behind you. It always seems that trouble comes in threes. I love the cherub and your pretty card. I think the first rose blooms are something so special that we wait all year for. Hope you get more blooms to enjoy soon. Sending hugs to you, my friend. xo K

aspiritofsimplicity said...

That was a lot happening! I love your roses. My mum and I planted roses in the garden just before she passed away. I love to see them blooming.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello there Sheri! Your granddaughter resembles you SO MUCH!

Carla from The River said...

Goodness me, yes Sheri, I do see you and Mia has twins. xx oo
Thank you for sharing the roses, do your roses have a fragrance?

Donna said...

What a sweet Son!! And your Mia is a carbon copy of you!! Beautiful! And I love the roses...
hugs
Donna

DeniseinVA said...

Perfect gifts! I always loved the Leggo sets. Cute gnomes too. Is that an Acorn Woodpecker? I hear you on the holes. We had our red-bellied woodpecker every morning waking us up. He used to tap-tap-tap on the eaves just above the bedroom window. They drill like a jackhammer! That is a perfect statue for a single flower. In facts all your blooms are beautiful! Such thoughtful gifts from your son and his shrimp dish looks incredible, all the food looks yummy! Your card will look lovely framed, a perfect sentiment. Francesca and Mia are darlings. All your family photos are precious and yes I see the likeness. Enjoy the rest of the week Sheri and thank you for another lovely post.

Linda O'Connell said...

Your girls and their adventures, I love reading about them and seeing the photos.

roughterrain crane said...

Young children are excellent adventurers to find surprising joy in daily life.

J. S. Vila said...

Beautifull report in wich all your photographs are really precious. It is so joyfull to see that. Have a nice summer and greetings from Mallorca, Spain.

Veronica Lee said...

Love the cute gnomes and the statue with the rose.
Mia does look like you!
The shrimp dish looks amazing.

I enjoyed seeing every single photo, Sheri.

Hugs and blessings🌹