Monday, September 4, 2023

I Had A Dream

We had a few days of rain last week, and it's always needed here in California. 

Nel and her family is really getting attached to their new kitty, Luca.  Nel told me he's very playful and even scratches sometimes, so Mia has to be careful when playing with him.  He gets into everything, but they sure do love having him as part of their family.  Mia is getting attached to Luca too.  The look on her face reminds me of all the fun I had with my dachshund, Cinnamon, when I was little.

Chicken noodle soup and a turkey sandwich sounds good on a cold dreary day.  And pumpkin cookies make it even better.





I went to the boutique in my town to find some Fall clothes.  I had a gift certificate from before, and I didn't find anything to wear, but I did find this simple leaf painting that reminded me of Fall, so I got that.  There are a lot of talented artists and photographers in this area, and they share their work at local craft fairs, businesses, and other places.



Jess went into labor last week, and it was a long night for her and Brian.  I couldn't sleep that night cause my Jess was in labor, and that's all this mom could think about.  But I nodded off to sleep, and I had a dream.......I was holding a baby, quite a big baby actually, and she was facing me.  She just looked at me for a few moments, and then she gave me the sweetest smile.  The next morning Jess called me, and around 10:00, she gave birth to a precious baby girl!  Told me all the details, and I was so filled with joy that I had a granddaughter.  

Say hello to baby Charlotte.

Brian was so supportive the whole night, and Nel took care of the kids while Jess was in the hospital, doing fun things like hot dog and ice cream after school parties.  Francesca and Mia were in awe of this tiny person that is now in their lives.

I want to get a mini orange pumpkin and write Charlotte on it, but no pumpkins at the store yet.  They said they'll come in next week.



Dear Charlotte, I was reading the book, On The Night You Were Born, and flipped to this page.  It reminded me of the dream I had of you.  I will read this book to you someday.





All the family loves you so.


31 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Sheri,
Congratulations to all with the birth of Charlotte!
A little miracle...
Luca seems to be a real family member as well.
Hugs,
Mariette

Sandi said...

What wonderful news!

CONGRATULATIONS 🩷

Dewena said...

Congratulations, dear Sheri! What a precious sweet face! You all must be so excited to have Charlotte safely here. Big sister Francesca will be such a help to Jess and I'm sure her cousin Mia will be too. September will certainly be special for their grandmother. Best wishes to your family,
Dewena

R's Rue said...

Congratulations my friend on sweet Charlotte.

LoveT. said...

Congratulation and best Wishes to you and your Family. Welcome Charlotte! What a beautiful Name.
The first Pic in this Post from Mia and Luca is very cute.
Greetings

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

What a beautiful family you have, Sheri! Congratulations to all of you. I love the name Charlotte. I know your dream was a lovely gift, Sheri. Thank you for sharing it with us! That's so good that Nel kept everyone busy while Jess delivered a darling little one. The photos are pure JOY!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Congratulations! Charlotte is GORGEOUS!! I love your leaf painting, and would buy it myself if I saw it in a store. Now I want noodle soup and a sandwich! Your cookies look delicious. The photo of Mia & Luca is hilarious, and full of joy!!

Chatty Crone said...

Charolotte is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love her in that mauve pink outfit and the pictures with the two older girls. I bet they are amazed.
I am glad she arrived safe and your whole family is okay.
Love your art photo you purchased.
Like chicken soup and pumpkin cookies not turkey too much.
We read that story on the Night You Were Born To Andy - loved it.
Welcome Charolette.
Love, sandie

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

También de niña tuve un gato y siempre estaba junto a él.
Un abrazo

Billie Jo said...

Welcome Baby Charlotte!!!! Congratulations to you, my friend! What a beautiful blessing for your family! I absolutely love her name too! Ohhhh! Baby snuggles are the best! P.S. Your lunch looks delicious, by the way!

Jeanie said...

Oh Sheri, congratulations on your newest family member. How lovely -- and I love the name. And also love the photo of Mia and her cat -- I've seen that cat expression more times than I can count. Everything looks yummy and beautiful in your world right now.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

So precious Sheri! Congratulations to you and your family!

Susan said...

Charlotte is beyond beautful, Sheri. Oh, stop my racing heart. I am so thrilled for all
of you.Look at those tiny, precious hands. Oh, so totally adorable. I like the simplicity of the leaf picture. It definitely evokes feelings of fall. What a great post. Jess made a real beauty and I even love her name.

MELODY JACOB said...

This is lovely, congratulations.

handmade by amalia said...

I'm happy for you, dear Sheri! Congratulations on the new baby, how sweet that it first came to you in a dream to say hello. I'm sorry I've not been around much, it has been quite a summer.
Amalia
xo

Donna said...

Congratulations!!!!!
What a beautiful little girl!
Love the name...
hugs
Donna

Marilyn Miller said...

So very happy for you and your family with the addition of Charlotte to the family. Enjoy!
Now that kitty looks like it is quite patient with the way it is being held. How cute.
Yes, it is about time for falling leaves and pumpkins. Enjoy the season.

Carla from The River said...

Congratulations, I am so, so, so very happy for you all. I love the name Charlotte. Do you know the middle name?
Carla

Debby said...

Awwww Congratulations to the family and to you, Sherri. Charlotte is adorable. What a beautiful little bundle of joy.

Love the leaf painting. I would have bought that as well.

Your post gets me all excited about the season - we had some good rain Friday and Sat - and that was so nice. The temps came down and the air was fresh. The rain put down most of those fires up north and to the west.

Happy Sept to you. You have much to be happy about and having a new little healthy granddaughter is the best.

J. S. Vila said...

Very nice pictures. Congratulations for you and for all your family for the new member. LOVE, happiness, and JOY.

DeniseinVA said...

A truly joyful post Sheri! How exciting, Welcome to the World Charlotte. All these photos are very heartwarming. Fascinating to have that dream, such a sweet one too. The photo of Mia with Luca made me smile. These are important memories for a child. Chicken noodle soup and a turkey sandwich, as well as cookies. Yum, they would make a day better for me too. The leaf painting you found is perfect! Thank you so much for letting us share in Charlotte’s arrival. I am so happy for you all!

Sakuranko said...

Oh so cute photos darling
So beautiful that little baby!

Debbie Nolan said...

Sheri - congratulations...Charlotte is absolutely adorable. Bet you cannot wait to hold her. So glad Jess got along well. Love the last picture...so sweet. Those pumpkin cookies look excellent. If I am in the area...just might have to stop and have one :)!! Hugs

R's Rue said...

Thinking of you. Hope all is well.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

What a beautiful post! Congratulations on your new baby girl grandchild- what a beauty. I got a kick out of the photo of your granddaughter holding the cat.. the cat's post is so funny!! This is my first time on your blog and I enjoyed it.

Veronica Lee said...

Such delightful news!
Congrats, dearest Sheri.

Thanks for always spreading so much joy and positivity to all of us who visit your blog 🌹

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh my, how precious!! Charlotte is a wonderful name. Congratulations Grandma!

roughterrain crane said...

Congratulations on your new member!

ashok said...

So cute and adorable 😍

Patricia said...

Dear Sheri, I missed this post! Congratulations on the arrival of Charlotte, a beautiful new granddaughter for you. She really is adorable. You must be one proud mother and grandmother, and best wishes to you all.

Rajani Rehana said...

So cute🥰