Some weeks are filled with work and repairs and clean-up afterwards. I had three service visits last week - for cable, landscaper, and a water heater leak, all of which were taken care of. I pretty much know all the workers in the area now, and they know me, so they always do their best to get the job done without too much hassle. I usually go into town about every three days just to see what's NEW. There are already Fall displays out, and I found this cute floral cup with decorative acorns.
A slow cooked seasoned chicken with white rice, using the olive oil Nel brought back from Greece.
Nothing like a ham and pepper jack cheese sandwich on nine grain bread.
Nel made a mini bookstore that I thought was so cute. She had fun putting it together.
My mom and dad's anniv. and my mother-in-law's anniv. were in August. Jess and Brian's anniversary is this week - it will be 10 years!
My August calendar page says Pure Peace.
My blog friend sent this to me, and I thought it was nice to share with you.
I've always loved the story of David - who had great courage and a deep faith - as he went from a humble shepherd boy to a brave warrior and the anointed King of Israel. I watched the animated movie, David, on Netflix and loved it.
Nel and Jess sent their brother these cards with very special written words inside when he received his degree.
And here they are with their brother many moons ago.
Jess came across this on one of their outings, and Charlotte had the best time exploring.
Enjoy the rest of these warm summer days. Fall will be here before we know it. 😉












16 comments:
Good Morning Sheri....Happy Anniversary to Jess and Brian. Their picture is so sweet. Can you believe all of the Fall items that are out in the stores? I know Hobby Lobby is full of Fall and Christmas. I look at some of my flowers outside and I shift to thoughts of please let Fall get here soon and may it be a cool one. Your cup is so cup though. What an adorable book store. I know this has been so fun for Nel to work on. If you ever get the opportunity to go see "David" at the Sight and Sound theater in Branson Mo. please do so. It was a true blessing to me. Enjoy this week and I hope it brings you sweet unexpected blessings...
and this is a nice cup, and I'm also looking at this nice interesting wooden hiding place...
Charlotte is so adorable in the Teepee! I love your fall mug. Wish we had Netflix, or even Hulu for that matter! I love The Train Theory, thanks so much for posting it!
How cute the little bookstore shelf is. The tiny typewriter inside is absolutely adorable.
Enjoy your new mug, it’s very pretty. The colors are lovely.
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.
Hi Sheri,
I love your mug. How are the acorns made? They are very unique. I love Fall. Charlotte is adorable. Happy Anniversary to your Jess and Brian.
The Train Theory is so true!
I have not seen David. My husbands name is David and he is brave and strong. His Mom gave him a wonderful name!
That chicken look great. Happy Anniversary to Jess and Brian. Love the little library.
It is always joy to stop by here. Hugs.
Adorable post as ever... You always made me smile! Best wishes, dear Sheri.
First of all, are those flamingo shoes and if so I LOVE THEM. My favorite. I liked your new cup. And how to you make a plain sandwich look so good! That bookstore looked so complicated, but beautiful. Happy anniversary to Jess and Brian. Loved the Train Theory. Congrats on your son's degree! There is a real drama out there about David too you know. I loved Charlotte
in the Teepee. She is a cutie pie.
Oh Boy ... would I love to be sitting there by that water now. Its hot 101F right now.
Love everything about this post Sherri. That owl bookstore is priceless. Ummm your meals look so good. I am getting hungry... we (Dave and I ) just had a bowl of cubed watermelon. It was wonderful !!!
Love that cute fall mug too.
Sue
The photos are so eye-catching and everything looks beautiful. I don’t know where to begin— that mug is definitely one I’d love, and that sandwich looks delicious. I’ve never seen such a tiny library; it’s so charming, though I think I’d be frustrated trying to piece it together. The photo of you and your kids is adorable, and they really do grow up fast. By the way, we’re on episode 5 of LHOTP and enjoying it a lot, so thanks for the review, though it’s disappointing there are only 8 episodes.
Hi Friend,
I love the shoes, pink flamingos. :-)
The photo of your family is so sweet. I love your outfit.
The bookstore is so cute. I think it would be fun to own a bookstore.
Autumn is making a peek around here too, our late summer flowers are starting to form buds.
Oh my, fall is just around the corner. Not sure I am ready for that. What a lovely family picture of you and your children. I always picture your cottage in a little town, not out of town. Is it far out in the country? What a pretty mug! Love the little drift wood tent on the beach. I would love exploring there too. Happy August!
Hello!!! I love that saying about the train. I needed to read that myself today after pondering some things lately and dealing with something. I needed to read that so much. It was encouraging. I love the mug! That sandwich and chicken looked so good!!!
Oh, I meant to add. I love doing mini bookstores. I finished one this past spring. I love it so much!!
Hello Sheri, I go to town every few days also, and for the same reason - just to see anything new and to enjoy what is there, even if I just have a coffee and a good look. The mini bookstore is Gorgeous - what a fun craft to put together. I will look out for David on Netflix - I'm sure I'd like it too. What a great photo of your young family, and now your son is all Grown Up. Have a great week my friend.
Post a Comment