I needed some good insoles for my shoes, so I had to drive to the city to get specific ones. My son had to get his laptop fixed, so he went with me. I knew it was going to be a hot day there, and I don't like the 50 minute drive with fast morning cars and trucks behind me, but thankfully, the highway wasn't too busy. I had a really fun day, and brought home lots of goodies. Except for the weather, everything was Fall in the city.
We first stopped at Starbuck's. I ordered a coffee and a pumpkin loaf, and my son ordered a croissant and a pumpkin latte.
Our next stop was Target. They open early, and I like to beat the crowds. I bought some make-up and a soft white pumpkin. I also noticed this neat looking tea pot and had to put it in my cart. It's a cream color with a copper handle, lid, and spout. I've been wanting a new tea pot, and this one is so unique looking.
I have a thing for soft items, and I bought this pumpkin just because it was the softest thing.
We next went to my happy place, Hobby Lobby. Yes, there were so many cute Fall things, but nothing that sparked my desire to bring home.
Our next stop was Barnes & Noble. Jess gave her brother a gift card, and he browsed and found something. He bought a Greece cookbook and an iced coffee.
While my son went to get his computer fixed, I moseyed on over to Michael's. Didn't find anything there that caught my fancy either. My son ended up getting a new laptop, which will be good for his college courses.
We then drove over to get my foot inserts. I need good support in my shoes, especially when walking long distance, and these particular arches were recommended to me.
It was the afternoon, and we were starting to get hungry, so we saw Olive Garden in the distance, and I said, "Yes!" Their Chicken Alfredo, salad, breadsticks, and iced tea never disappoint, and it was all so delicious. I brought half of it home to eat later that evening.
It's a must to visit Home Goods when I'm in the city. Soooo many cute things there, and I usually never leave that place without getting something special. I bought a pretty glass pumpkin. It's from the Martha Stewart collection, and it's the most unique pumpkin I've ever seen.
Our last stop was Trader Joe's. Oh my, they have so many goodies there to enjoy. Nel and Jess love this place as well. I always have to get the Pastry Bites with Feta Cheese & Caramelized onions. They are amazing. Just pop them in the oven, and enjoy.
I also picked up a bottle of the French Sparkling Pink Lemonade. Me and the girls used to get this drink for wedding and baby showers throughout the years. It's got a fizzy taste and wonderful.
And I can't come home without picking up the moistest pumpkin spice cake. Nel was thinking the same thing, cause she just picked up one from Trader Joe's too. This cake is the best.
My son also picked up a Turkish Shawarma chicken and Persian cucumbers. He made a meal on Saturday, and it was really good. Our family loves different cultural dishes.
After a scorching hot day in the city, it was time to head on up the mountains to the cooler temperatures. When we got into town, we noticed the trees were shaking from the breeze. Fall is coming!


No comments:
Post a Comment