Monday, May 6, 2024

Fundraiser Dinner, Con't

Hello, and happy May!  It's my favorite month, for so many reasons.



  This will be a long post, so grab a cup of coffee or tea and join me for the fundraiser dinner that we attended last weekend.  With all my family being there along with many of my close friends, it was a fun time!  It was in my hometown, so Nel and Jess had to travel here this time, and my drive was about 3 hours.  

Nel got in town a bit earlier than everyone else, so she took Mia on a walk along the trail that is close to her old high school.





When I first got there, Jess wanted us to meet at grandma J's, cause Francesca didn't know Mia was coming, and she wanted it to be a surprise when she opened the door.  Remember the goody bags that I've been making up?  Well, they were filled to the brim, and I gave them to the kids right when I got there.  They loved all the little things that I have been finding for them along the way.



It was lunch time, so our first stop was at our favorite Mexican restaurant, which I ordered chicken fajitas.  Oh, how I miss this eatery, it's the best.  I held baby Charlotte the whole time, except when Mia asked to hold her cousin for a moment.



After lunch, Nel wanted Mia to be able to run around and play before the dinner, so we went to the park playground.  I'll share more pics on this later.



After resting up a bit, it was time for the fundraiser dinner.  I wore a full-length dress, and I wasn't sure about it when I bought it, but it worked out well.

Nel is good with hair styles, and she did my hair in a French twist.



She also fixed Mia's hair with some braids and bows.

It was a wonderful meal with a variety of dishes.  Francesca and Mia had fun dancing later that evening with cousins Danny, Leo, and Katie.

And to top the night off, there was a delightful photo booth, and me and my girlfriends from high school gathered around to take a picture.

We went to grandma J's after, and she served us some wine with cheese and crackers.  I opened up the gift that my best friend got me, and it was a pretty cup from Anthropologie.  She knows that's one of my favorite shops.  I was surprised and upset when opening the gift bag, only to find that the handle had broke in the travels.  She was so thoughtful to order me a new one.  



The next morning, we went to our favorite cafe for breakfast.  This is the most charming cafe, and it's always decorated so festive for the seasons.  The owner once sold me one of her orange glass pumpkins she puts out during Fall.  There is a train that goes around the whole restaurant, and the kids enjoyed watching it.  I ordered blueberry pancakes, sausage, and scrambled eggs.  And the kids had hot chocolate with their breakfast.





Afterwards, we all went outside to see the goodies that uncle R. brought us.  They were old things from the past; some were my mom's and some belonged to him.  I call them treasures, as they were passed down to us from another time.  He gave the kids a few of grandma's ornaments, Nel got some Fall decorations, Jess got a wooden bench that her grandpa made, and I received an old hymn book and a vintage poloroid camera, which I loved.  Oh, how I miss those old hymns that were sung at Mass.  



We all had a wonderful time, and Nel and Jess want to attend these dinners every year.  It's a special time to remember their grandfather, and to see all their family and be in their hometown once again.

~Sheri

 

27 comments:

Jeanie said...

What a glorious weekend. And the smiles say it all. You had to be in seventh heaven with all your "girls" at hand. And loads of fun activities too. The gifts are lovely, Sheri. And so meaningful. This post makes me smile -- I savored every photo!

Hena Tayeb said...

What a wonderful time.. so many wonderfully happy photos.

Louca por porcelana said...

What wonderful world... Precious time! How beautiful you and your girls are! Family is all, isn't it? Hugs and blessings.

Susan Kane said...

How awesome! Your gr=babies are so precious!! They have fun at your house! Cover them with kisses.

Carla from The River said...

Thank you for sharing. This was wonderful to read and see in photos. Family and dear friends, it makes life so wonderful.
Love, Carla

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a wonderful visit with many memories and treasures. Happy May!

LoveT. said...


That was a great dinner, everything looks very nice.
You look so happy, just beautiful.


Have a wonderful week

Marilyn Miller said...

What a very special event and time with family too.
Mia's braids reminded me of the times I would braid my daughter's hair like that.
All the food sounded yummy!
I can just imagine your grand daughters enjoyed those thoughtful bags of goodies.
What a special, thoughtful grandma.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The photo of Mia in the field is beautiful! And your dress is just perfect. So appropriate and pretty! Mia's hair with the big purple bows is awesome!!!

Rose said...

You looked great in your dress. I cannot believe how big your grandchildren are...I had not realized you had a third granddaughter. You are so blessed.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Oh Sheri, what a wonderful time you enjoyed with family and friends! You look lovely in your beautiful dress. Your grands have grown so much. I'm so glad you and your girls had this time together. Each picture is joyous! Thank you for sharing this special time.

My Tata's Cottage said...

All the pretty ladies! You look lovely in your long dress. Very pretty and your hair too. So sweet to be together and have fun and enjoy each other's company. Enjoy this new week and oh yes, the hymns. I love them dearly. Especially Blessed Assurance. It is kind of my anthem hymn. It makes me so emotional and I love all the old hymns. Take care

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Sheri,
You look so lovely all dressed up. What a beautiful family. The girls have grown so much. I am so happy you had such a nice time.

Donna said...

You are SO Pretty!! Love the hair and dress! Must have been so much fun to see your high school besties!
The girls are all adorable!
Sorry about the teacup!! Glad you'll get another one.
Happy week!
hugs
Donna

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sherri,
Pleased to meet you! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and visit with me..Glad that you enjoyed seeing my Spring front yard...Sounds like you had a wonderful time and I love your dress and your hair style!! Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!!
Hugs,
Deb
Debbie-Dabble Blog

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.

Bety said...

It's great that such a wonderful idea has brought the whole family together, in a place you all love! You spent your time in a great way! I also love long sleeve length dresses like yours!
You look beautiful with your daughters! Your little grandchildren are so happy!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind words there!
By the way, I try to make videos for my recipes. I would appreciate your opinion. I also have English subtitles.
With your permission, I'll leave a link here if you want to take a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSNLHTRReE

Red Rose Alley said...

Thank you, Autumn, for following us. I appreciate that very much. : )

Chatty Crone said...

I'm glad to get into the month of May too - ready for a change!
I don't care what anyone says (?) girls are so much more fun to travel and do tea parties with.
So the girls were happy and surprised to see each other? How often do they get to see each other at home?
I know you enjoyed holding the baby.
Your dress turned out beautiful.
Loved Mia's braids. So pretty.
Dancing when you are young like the girls is so much fun.
So who were the gals in your photo booth?
Who is Grandma J?
Did the girls grandfather come?
Sweet things you received being past down.
I am sorry the cup broke but I am glad that you are going to get a new one.
Last but not least that breakfast place looked like so much fun!

DeniseinVA said...

What a wonderful time you had and great photos. I always thoroughly enjoy you with your sweet family. You looked beautiful with your hair and dress and everyone dresses and hair, so very pretty. Sad about the cup but how sweet of your friend to order you a new one. I'm glad that it was a splendid get together and thank you for sharing it with us.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a special time for all of your family to gather together! I know those goody bags for the grandbabies made their hearts happy for the day! You looked so lovely, as always! And I loved the fun updo, and braids, Nel is talented! I miss good Mexican food here also! It is always a treat to go to Texas and enjoy it. I'm glad you had so many special memories with your old high school friends, all such a blessing! Much love to you dear friend!

Shug said...

Sheri....I enjoyed reading all about your wonderful weekend and seeing the photos of your family. Your girls are all beautiful...and so are you. This is what more families need to do...It is almost a lost art of families getting together to celebrate different occasions. Especially so after the matriarchs of the family pass. Looks like you all enjoyed some wonderful food and fellowship at some neat places. Love this post...Family time is so important.

Veronica Lee said...

What an amazing weekend, Sheri!
You and your daughters look stunning.
Your dress is absolutely lovely.
Mia's hair adorned with those purple bows is adorable.

Hugs and blessings! 🌹

Rajani Rehana said...

Lovely post

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Sheri
so nice to catch up with u
beautiful post and family
I love the hair stuff 😊
Yes we moved back to town
and am having fun planting a garden
Yup May is a wonderful month
hugs :)

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Has captado buenos momentos, en tu gran reportaje.
Feliz fin de semana.

The Happy Whisk said...

Lovely collection of photos!