Monday, January 22, 2024

My Time At Jess' House

I just took a trip to So Cal recently, and this time, I'll show you some of the moments I spent at Jess' house.

On the center of her dining room table, there was a bouquet of daisies and carnations - two of my favorite flowers.



She had this basket of gold balls and pine cones out for the holidays and kept it out into the new year.



I love the fact that she still has her pumpkins out on the back porch.



Not just one grinch, but two!





Charlotte is the best natured baby ever, and is constantly smiling throughout the day.



Jess made a picnic lunch for all of us, and we had a wonderful picnic at a nearby park.





There was an unusual amount of crows that day, and we also noticed a nest high up in the tree - maybe squirrel, as there were many squirrels scurrying about.









Francesca went on the playground, and I loved pushing her on the swing.





Both of the girls drove through Starbuck's while I stayed at their homes, and it was such a treat to get the holiday coffees and gingerbread and lemon loaves.



Papa taking a nap with baby.



Brian made barbecued cheeseburgers one night, which were delicious, and we had tacos another night.  Jess made a big breakfast one morning that was so good.



Me and Francesca colored, we put together puzzles, and I read her bedtime stories.  Papa and I have been teaching Francesca the art of checkers.  She's learning quickly, and becoming a good player.  She's only 6, and she beat papa and me more than once.



Jess and Brian had a date night, and I watched both the kids.  They went to dinner at an Italian restaurant and had a great time.  Jess brought me home a pasta dish with alfredo sauce and bacon.



It's time to drive me to the airport, and we're almost there.  Jess stopped and bought me a ham and cheese crossaint for the road, and it was so warm and delicious.







We did lots of shopping during my stay, and one of my favorite places we went to was Barnes and Noble.  Francesca is into pj mask right now, and I bought her a pj mask book with the action figures.  I also bought a treat for myself to bring home.  Love this calendar every year.  It's just such a cheerful one.



I had a wonderful time with both of my girls, all of my girls, and it was a memorable trip for me to start out the new year.

~Sheri  

29 comments:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

LoveT. said...

The two Grinch are super cute. Jess look so cheerful and lovely. You had a great time Sheri, the Photos show it.
Happy new Week for you.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Sheri,
You sure had a wonderful time with all of your girls!
It was a special time for interaction between the different generations.
Hugs,
Mariette

Debby said...

How nice for you all - making memories that will last a lifetime. Beautiful photos.

Jeanie said...

Jess' arrangements are so pretty -- she has a wonderful eye. And your little "grinches" are darling -- when dressed as grinches or otherwise! It looks like a wonderful visit, Sheri, and I'm so glad you got to spent grandma time with the girls (and I'm sure the date night was appreciated, too!)

Ginny Hartzler said...

The sweet Grinches are so adorable! Francesca is really smart because checkers takes quite a bit of planning and aforethought! Starbucks has the best lemon cake, and the gingerbread as well. Looks like you were treated like a queen!

Shug said...

Hi Sheri....You certainly do have a beautiful family. I love that y'all had a picnic. Brought back a lot of memories seeing the picnic all set up. People do not do this as often as what it seemed we used to do. Wow...that was a lot of crows. Guess they were looking for food. So glad you enjoyed your time with family. Such precious times. Enjoyed your post!

Chatty Crone said...

I love the roses on top - roses are so beautiful. As well as the flowers your daughter bought you!
I can't believe the pumpkins are still good - they would not be here.
Loved the two grinches.
Man, there is a strong family resemblance with all the females in your family.
The picnic looked fun - do squirrels nest in trees - I thought they only nested in my attic - lol.
Francesca learning checkers is awesome - seems like a great day. Boy your daughter and Brian look tall.
The breakfast looked good too.
I love the all-girl photo at the end - so much love and fun.
sandie

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

También, a mí me gusta adornar mi casa por navidad. Ya tengo todos mis adornos recogidos, ya que las fiestas de navidad, han finalizado.
Que tengas una buena semana.

Carla from The River said...

Hello Dear Friend,
Oh, I just love your family time. Thank you for sharing your family with us. I enjoy the smiles and the love of family.
Carla

Susan said...

Oh Sheri, that was a sweet post telling all about your wonderful visit. Loved seeing the two little doll granddaughters! Jess looks so pretty, too. Thank you so much for sharing your trip to Southern Cal and the homes of both your lovely daughters. God bless you, every one! Susan

Pam said...

Picnic? haha....I read that then I looked out my window and decided a picnic in the snow was not happening! lol....I am so glad you had time with the grands. And the newest grand is so pretty.

Hena Tayeb said...

The cutest grinch's I've ever seen.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Sheri, all of you resemble each other and so pretty! I see that Francesca has lost a tooth--so cute! I'm so glad you could let Jess and Brian have a night out. So nice of her to bring you a treat. It was fun seeing the picnic. It will be a while before we can have an outdoor picnic. Oh, and I love going to Barnes and Noble--ours sells Starbucks coffee for Grayden and tea for me! Thanks for sharing your lovely trip to Southern California! Have a great week!

Susan Kane said...

Sweet little girls. Palm Springs? Enjoy your babies and the weather.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Sheri, What a wonderful trip you had! Happy New Year!

ashok said...

That's a sweet post...so lovely

Patricia said...

Oh, what a lovely time you had Sheri. Little Charlotte is a sweetie, and the girls look great friends already. A picnic is a great idea with a baby who can crawl about in the fresh air. The big breakfast is an inspiration - I should make it all next weekend :) Have a great week.

Louca por porcelana said...

Such happiness! Wonderful time! Your girls are adorable.

JD/ Jill said...

Loved looking at your beautiful pictures!
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the nice comments!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful smiles all!
Barbeque cheeseburgers! That sounds delicious.
Wonderful visit, the time with family is the best.

roughterrain crane said...

Your words show us where happiness exists. You have lots of pockets for it.
Stay healthy during this cold season.

Dewena said...

Those two sisters are entirely too pretty to be convincing as Mr. Grinch! And with parents like theirs I can understand why they're so good looking. I'm so happy for you that you had this wonderful post-holiday visit, Sheri. And I know that both your daughters realize that you notice and appreciate all the little creative touches they add to their homes and family life. And I know where they got that talent from!

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my friend! What a beautiful, blessed visit! I loved seeing all the special and ordinary things you did. Your daughter has a lovely family; I know where she learned how to be that wife and mother! Have a cozy evening.

Veronica Lee said...

Your time at Jess' house looks so delightful!
The Grinches are adorable, and the family picnic and Barnes and Noble shopping sound like pure joy.
Cherish those sweet moments – here's to more happy memories with your lovely girls!

Hugs and blessings, Sheri 🌹

Debbie Nolan said...

Wow Sheri - it looks like your stay at Jess's was so much fun. I am sure more memories were made in that time there. I remember when my dad taught me how to play checkers. His dad - my grandpa (never knew him) was a checker champion in our county. Dad told me he only beat him once. I think I only beat my dad one time as well. The bouquet of daisies and carnations are so lovely and I too like seeing the pumpkins remaining on the steps. Here they go to mush because they freeze. What a wonderful picnic...hard to imagine having one in January here. Although Christmas day was so warm we could have dined outdoors (quite unusual). Well it is hard to believe it is almost over for January 2024...spring is a month closer :)! Have a delightful weekend. Hugs!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Your family photos are so warm and loving. The "grinches" are adorable and love all the decorations. One year I left my large pumpkins into December and the squirrels got into them and tore them apart and enjoyed the seeds all over my from porch. What a mess that was!! Enjoy your new calendar!

Red Rose Alley said...

Thank you, Алексей Скворцов, for following us. I appreciate that very much. : )

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my goodness, all adorable photos! The cute little grinches made me smile, and the pose? Smiling here again. You have such a darling family. I am happy for you that you had such a wonderful time with both your daughters. It certainly shows when looking at all these sweet photos. Thank you for inviting us in 😊