Monday, January 1, 2024

Christmas At Red Rose Alley

I wanted to share with you a little of our Christmas this year.  We all had a wonderful Christmas with foods and traditions that we carry on through the years.  Nel took Mia to see Santa at a shopping center that was all decked out and lit up for the holiday.  It was magical for Mia.

I have to show you Nel's Christmas baking because she spent a lot of time making different goodies, and it looked so amazing to me.....a spice cake from scratch, caramel Turtles, sugar cookies, Russian tea cookies, and chocolate cookies with peppermint.  She also made Jess some dairy-free treats.







The girls all dressed up before the Nutcracker.  And Mia gazing at her new Nutcracker.

Christmas Mass.  Charlotte's first time in Mass, and Jess said she did really well, no crying or fussing.



Jess also made Russian tea cookies, and Brian made his chocolate chip banana bread.  I can never get a picture of it because it's just so good that it doesn't take long til it's gone.  He bakes one for the family every year.  The kids having fun baking their special treats.

At my house, the in-laws gave me lots of goodies.....a pretty bag filled with pine cones, crystal rock, and all things of nature.  My sister-in-law put it together, and it was so creative.  A blue soft throw, and homemade cookies (three different kinds), which we've been enjoying.  And peanut butter fudge!  I really liked this snowflake pendant, and the fruit and nut candies are a favorite of mine, as they remind me of my dad, who loved the aplets and cotlets.



We have been feasting on glazed ham and potato salad, and it's a tradition in my house to have the cheese ball and crackers on Christmas Eve.


  My son also bought a salami and cheese tray, and we watched White Christmas, which is a tradition every year.  I got many wonderful gifts from my family; they tend to spoil me around Christmas, and I love it - a furry winter table runner, See's candy, framed picture of the kids, black camisole top, lovely Rosary, home ornament, sweater cup, and pink rain boots, which I really need.  It's going to to snow soon, and the shoveling will begin.




I'm visiting with all my family right now, but I'll see you in the new year.  I hope the new year brings peace and joy and goodness to you all. 

~Sheri

29 comments:

R's Rue said...

God Bless you

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Such a beautiful post with so many wonderful family pictures and memories. The tree is huge and beautiful and all the goodies look delicious. Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.

Debby said...

Aww, looks like a beautiful time spent with loved ones! The grands are adorable and your daughter’s baking skills are commendable. That cake is gorgeous. I’d hate to be the first one to cut into that masterpiece. I like that snowflake pendant as well. Happy New Year Sheri.

LoveT. said...

Happy new Year Sheri! Your Words and Photos are beautiful, your Familie is amazing. The Cake looks wonderful.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Goodies galore! That cake looks so beautiful, like something from a royal European bakery (I imagine)! And what wonderful gifts you received -- with the best gift of all, time with family! Happy New Year!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Sheri,
There seem to be indeed lots of lovely traditions passed on over the generations!
It makes for happy family times.
How wonderful that Charlotte behaved so very well during Mass!
Wishing you all a Happy & Healthy 2024.
Hugs,
Mariette

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

No ha nada más que mirar su cara, para ver la alegría que se ve reflejada en su rostro y la hermosa ilusión que le hace, todo lo que ve.
Feliz Año Nuevo

Chatty Crone said...

Looks like you are having a blast visiting your girls and your Christmas with you son before you left. I love Sees candy - and those pink rain boots are just awesome. I love them. And your in-laws remembering you too. You have lots of people who love you.
Mia and Francesco and Charlotte are awesome! Such pretty girls in pink and lace and hair up - just so girly.
Glad Charlotte did good at church.
Santa is always fun and she loves her daddy there.
My goodness did your daughter make a lot of cookies - oh my! And the chocolate chip cake must be good to be gone so fast.
I have to tell you something - that cake must be from Southern Living or something because my DIL made the same cake. I will have to send you the photo.
I hope you continue to have a great time.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Susan said...

Oh, Sheri, that was a delightful post. The outside decorations and photos of the big and little girls, oh, SO DELIGHTFUL, every one! Nel could open a bakery. Her goodies looked FABULOUS. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post. Happy New Year to all. Love, Susan

Hena Tayeb said...

Such a wonderful time you all had. Nel's cookies look amazing.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Sheri, I'm so happy to see your joyous Christmas celebration. The baked goods are beautiful and I'm sure yummy. Nel is quite the baker. The cake is so lovely! Your granddaughters are so cute. Children have a way of making Christmas magical. Your gifts sound so nice and I've never seen such cute rain boots! Happy New Year, my friend!

Marilyn Miller said...

Your Christmas looks so very special.
Love all the baking and that cake was beautiful.
Fun to see your grand girls enjoying the season too.
You were indeed treated well with lovely gifts and food.

roughterrain crane said...

You had a great Christmas.
Wishing you and yours a healthy and happy New Year!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

What a beautiful bunch of treats! The girls all look beautiful! What a blessing to be together for Christmas.
Happy New Year Sheri!

handmade by amalia said...

Such happy photos! Wishing you and yours all the best for this new year, dear Sheri, hope it's a good one!
Amalia
xo

Jeanie said...

This is fabulous, Sheri. Indeed, your family treats you like the queen that every mom should be! Your gifts are wonderful and oh, my! The photos of your girls (very young and old!) are wonderful. I think Nel should open a bakery. What a wonderful hobby. Curious about the ones on the right of the photo that look like stars, maybe with caramel on them? Your rain boots are really cute! That cake to die for and I love the snowflake. What a glorious holiday! Happiest of new years for you, my friend!

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful and precious time! Gorgeous photos. Feliz Ano Novo! Happy New Year!

Donna said...

Oh my goodness! Everything looks so Yummy!!
How wonderful that everyone in the family can bake! Love it!
Happy New Year!
hugs
Donna

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Los niños disfrutan mucho de la Navidad y la viven con mucha intensidad.
Un abrazo.

Patricia said...

Dear Sheri, What lovely Christmas pictures, and so nice to see the little girls. Baby Charlotte at Mass, such a good little baby. Nel's baking is wonderful, and you must enjoy all those treats. The cake looks gorgeous. Enjoy your time with family, and I wish you good health and happiness for 2024.

Billie Jo said...

Love every single moment of your Christmas, my friend! The cake!!!! The little ones dressed so beautifully! I used to dress my little ones like that. Happy and Blessed New Year to you!

Carla from The River said...

Happy New Year Sheri, oh my, that cake is beautiful. All the goodies sound so good, I would like to come for Christmas. :-)
Enjoy your family my friend!
Love, Carla

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah wonderful Christmas pictures that will bring back memories for years to come. Everybody dressed up and looking beautiful...and those goodies...oh my too pretty to eat but I am sure they were gone before one knew it. The cake looks gorgeous. Sounds like a beautiful Christmas and I am wishing you a wonderful New Year dear friend. It is such a gift to come visit you and call you my sweet bloggy buddy. Hugs! (You are one special gal).

Shug said...

Looks like you enjoyed a beautiful Christmas. Oh my goodness...I am now having a sweet craving after viewing all of these great sweets. Hope the new year is good to you..Enjoyed my visit here. I found your blog while reading Ginny's post at Let your light shine.

MELODY JACOB said...

She is so cute. Thank you for sharing your Christmas joy! The traditions and festive spirit sound heartwarming. It's beautiful to create magical moments, especially for little ones meeting Santa. Cherishing those traditions makes the season even more special. Wishing you continued warmth and joy in the new year! https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/01/sulina-shop-facial-uplifting-oil-review.html

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Oh my. All those sweets look delicious. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday, hope your 2024 find you happy and healthy!

Sonia said...

Hi Sheri, adorable pictures and the cake is looking delectable. Thanks for sharing the pics and wish you all a wonderful year!

Tammie Lee said...

It looks and sounds as though you had a lovely time with your family. So happy for you.

likeschocolate said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas holiday despite the crazy airport situation. Happy New Year!