Monday, October 9, 2023

Haunted Cookie House

I had such a wonderful time in So Cal recently, and we did many fun things together.  This will be a long post filled with pictures, just to let you know.  I got to visit all the shops that I don't normally get to go to here in the mountains, and that was such a treat for me.  We also drove through Starbuck's to get a coffee and pumpkin loaf, which I really miss.  At home, Jess kept the coffee coming, and placed it on these cute little book coasters that she found.



This is her coffee corner, with a Mickey bowl for sugar.  She buys the organic sugar, and although I don't put sugar in my coffee, it was nice to have for all the company.



Jess is nursing, and she can't have dairy right now, so she baked two apple spice breads from scratch, and put one in the freezer for later.  we had a slice warmed up with butter, and it turned out moist and good.



Nel brought this silver heart back from her travels in Switzerland, and Jess has it hanging from her hutch.  It's so unique.



We had some wine in grandma's glasses.  These belonged to Brian's grandma, and I love them.  They are pretty, sturdy, and old.



Jess has two tall book shelves in her home, and they are filled with all of her favorite books.  She made this decoupage pumpkin years ago.





I looked over and noticed this picture of Francesca, and there was just something about it that I loved.



I read to the kids every chance I got.



Auntie Nel got creative with the kids and made a haunted cookie house with them.  She first put all the sides together, added a little frosting to make it festive, and let the kids go to town decorating it with frosting and sprinkles and bats.  They had the best time.









Some Fall things around Jess' house.









After the baby was fed, changed, and fell asleep,



 me and Jess watched the new season of Virgin River.  We finished all the episodes of season 5 while I was there, and the finale was something very unexpected.  It was a pretty good season.



One night, I watched Francesca and the baby, while Jess and Brian had a "date night."  They had the best time going out to dinner and just spending time together.



Jess is really enjoying staying at home with Charlotte, and I'm so pleased that she has quite a bit of time off from work to take care of the baby and be there for her in these early months.



Brian made barbecued chicken one night, and it was delicious.  And one morning he made us a breakfast feast of sausage, bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs, fruit, and cinnamon rolls.  They were organic cinnamon rolls from Trader Joe's, and were amazing.  All the breakfast was so good that I just started eating and didn't get a picture.  Papa giving the baby some love.



Uncle Renecke and Jess.  Renecke makes me laugh when he tells a story, and I can't tell you how many times Nel has burst into laughter at something he said.  He is so talented when playing the guitar, and it was a pleasant time for us listening to him play his music one afternoon.



Mia and Francesca doing chalk drawing on the back porch.



Over the next few weeks, I'll try to share our time at the pumpkin patch and other places we visited.  Our littlest member of the family has brought us great joy.

~Sheri  

 

30 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Thank you for sharing all these wonderful photos and memories from your trip. Looks like a special time enjoyed by all.

R's Rue said...

I’ve never met your family but i love y’all.

Tammie Lee said...

It sounds and. looks as though you had a wonderful time, so happy for you. My mother's name was Charlotte, a wonderful name.

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Has disfrutado, de un gran día. Me alegro de que lo pases tan bien, en familia.
Que tengas una buena semana.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The decoupage pumpkin is like farmhouse chic, I love it! I see the book I have, "Jesus Calling" Charlotte sis go gorgeous. I love the pumpkins & leaves in front of the T.V., and the witch's hat on the coat rack. This is a great idea to put the house together first, then let the kids decorate it! I will do that, as I have not yet found one already assembled.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have so many special photos to share! What a great trip that you will remember always!

Jeanie said...

Oh Sheri, I don't know where to begin! What a fabulous time away. I love those book coasters and all those colorful children's books lined up on the shelves. The crystal is really beautiful I love the witches hat and haunted house. It sounds like you ate well while you were there too! Fun to babysit the girls during date night. h Sheri, your family is so beautiful. What a grand time!

Debby said...

I enjoyed all the "eye candy" You have such a beautiful family and your granddaughters are such little beauties.

I loved all the decorations and then some, you posted. I always enjoy the photos. Thanks so much for including us in your shares.

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful family, Sheri. That little baby is just darling and there is nothing like the weight of a small baby in your arms...with milky breath and that baby scent. Great pictures. I can't believe how big the girls are getting-I remember when they, too, were newborns. I am not sure how to spell his name, R-but he looks like a great storyteller and is just a happy looking guy! So nice the kids could go out to dinner while you were able to babysit your littles! Have a wonderful week- xo Diana

Marilyn Miller said...

What a wonderful time you had visiting family in S.Calif. So happy you could have the time to meet this new little one too. What a treat of everything, including delicious cinnamon rolls from Trader Joe's. I almost bought the house fro my grandson from Trader Joe's. What fun, now I wish I had. Love the Halloween decorations. And grandma's glasses are so pretty too.

Louca por porcelana said...

Precious time with your adorable family! Adorable post!

Chatty Crone said...

There is so much to write about. When you have a good time you have a good time. You should become a writer - your very good at telling a story.
Really wants you to have more!
You had a nice time and seem to keep so busy I am surprised you had any time for any rest.
That Mickey Mouse sugar holder was cute - and is Mickey's hand a spoon rest?
Apple spice bread, breakfast feasts, and wine, and barbeques. Yum.
Do the two son in laws get a long too?
I loved reading books to the kids too - memories.
I bet the girls loved making the haunted cookie house.
I love the witches hat that was hung - very delicate yet witchy.
We finished Virgin River here too.
I bet the girls wished you lived there to help babysit more often.
And last but least the four girls in the picture - there are six of them now.

Billie Jo said...

Oh, my friend! I love this post! Thank you for bringing us along with you. I love the precious Mickey sugar holder, and I have to tell you, I have that same book about too many pumpkins! Would you believe Flynn still likes me to read to hear at the end of our homeschool day? I am so glad! Have you ever heard of The Lonely Scarecrow? It is a beautiful fall book for children. Thank you again for sharing your lovely family. Have a cozy evening!

Lauren said...

I love the book coasters! We love reading too. Such wonderful memories you made on your trip.

Donna said...

What a wonderful post! I loved looking at all the photos. The baby is beautiful!
Can't wait for more...
hugs
Donna

LoveT. said...

This Post and Pics are full of your Love for your Family. Also the last Photo is amazing. The Decoration in Jess House looks very pretty.
Greetings

Rajani Rehana said...

Super post

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Carla from The River said...

Hello Sheri,
What a lovely post, it made me smile seeing your sweet family. I am looking forward to hearing more about your memorable trip.
Love, Carla

DeniseinVA said...

Oh Sheri, what a super time! It was very nice to see all the treasures in your daughter’s home, and that haunted house, a memory builder for the children. Above all, loved the photos with you, your family and sweet, adorable baby. Great joy indeed!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Hi Sheri,
Thanks for sharing the photos. What a wonderful family time you had! We watched Virgin River too. I am shocked by the end also. Did you ever watch Heart of Dixie? It was a really great show. Older, but still a fun show to watch. Same actor plays a doctor on there too!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a wonderful time you had. It's so nice that you got to spend time with your family. And that baby....oh my goodness, such cuteness!

Patricia said...

How special to go see baby Charlotte again. She is so pretty. I love the last photo of all your girls. I love reading to my grandchildren too. What a perfect Pumpkin book for the season. Times change, but some books remain favourites: I had Little Women, Heidi and Anne of Green Cables, and read them over and over. They are real classics. The silver heart from Switzerland is beautiful - what a lovely gift. I am off to find a recipe for apple spice bread! Sounds good...

Debbie Nolan said...

My dear friend...your pictures of the family, baby Charlotte and your granddaughters were just wonderful. Love the Bat House - It sounds like the food, beverages were extra special too. Such a lovely visit and I too enjoyed what you shared. May you have many more wonderful trips visiting your daughters and their families. Bet it is hard to come home after such a great time together. Thanks for sharing Sheri - Hugs!!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful family
Your trip sounds wonderfully heart melting good.
The bat house is a nice tradition to have. Before long, there might be festivals like they have for Christmas ginger bread houses.

Dewena said...

I'm smiling like the grandmother I am just reading your account of visiting baby Charlotte and her big sister. I love that the home is filled with books for the girls and they'll have the memory of their grandmother reading to them as they grow up. I'm sure it meant so much to Jess and Brian to have a date night out knowing that you were watching over their girls. Jess has a lovely fall home! I think both your talented and creative daughters must take after their mother!

God bless your sweet family, Sheri,
Dewena

Lux G. said...

I can imagine the heavenly sweet smell of this bundle of joy. I love those book covers. And this cookie house is so cute.

Hena Tayeb said...

Jess looks just like you.
So wonderful that you got to spend some time with your family and especially those grandbabies..
Lovely pictures.

Susan said...

Oh Sheri, that was a wonderful post. The granddaughters are getting so grown up. They are just adorable. And the baby, oh my GOODNESS, she is a living doll baby....a real treasure. Your grown up girls look so lovely, too. And the cookie house! Oh, so adorable. Just loved everything. So happy you were able to go and enjoy such a beautiful time. Thanks for sharing!