Monday, June 27, 2022

We'll Make It Work

The last couple posts before this have been about not so fun road trips, and I hope for better days in July, so here's a few pictures of this and that at the end of June.  Summers here in the mountains are not that bad, and the hot months are July and August.  And up until a week ago, it was chilly in the mornings, and I had my heater on, but it's starting to get warmer now, and Summer has shined its face on us.



When I saw Jess recently, she was wearing the cutest blouse.  She said she got it from Macy's, and I told her I loved it.  Last week, I got a package in the mail.  It was the same blouse in my size, and with it came a large chocolate bar!



Every Summer, I take a drive to the creek, and always see the beautiful field of yellow.  It was time for a drive there, and I'll show more pics later.



My son brings me these Mazapan (Marzipan) candies every now and then.  He finds it in the Mexican isle, and I like the red roses on the wrapper.  People either love Marzipan or hate it, and I like the taste.  How about you?



My neighbor's roses through the window.





Isn't this rainbow cactus so pretty?  Jess saw it at Downtown Disney, and I like the Balance flag waving from it.  It's a good reminder to have balance in our lives.



My pink mini rose bush also made it through the Winter's snow.  The first bloom came out last week.



My neighbor's new bird feeder is very cool, and even more so that a hummingbird visited while taking the picture.



My neighbor down the road, an old man, walks his dog frequently, and he always has a friendly "hello" for me.  One time he told me he was glad that I moved to the neighborhood.



Made some mango chicken with veggies - broccoli, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and mango juice.  It had a sweet taste and turned out good.



I was talking with Nel the other day about something, and her response was, "we'll make it work."  It was her last week teaching, and she has a Summer break and is taking a two-week trip to a far away land.  I hope she has a great vacation, she works so hard.  She has always found a way to makes things work.  I appreciate those words so much.


I know some people are suffering from the heat right now in many states, so try to stay cool and take care.

~Sheri 

  

30 comments:

R's Rue said...

I needed to see this post today. You are a blessing. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Nellie said...

What a lovely surprise in the mail! I like that top, too, and the chocolate would be another surprise! That’s a different hummingbird feeder. Your posts are always refreshing to read!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely post;-))

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I am glad you are in the blog neighborhood. Lovely for a neighbor to tell you that. Happy roses and a lovely new top!

Louca por porcelana said...

Adorable post as ever... "We will make it work": really wonderful words, full of kindness, friendship and good will! The world needs people that "make it work "...
Blessings, my dear friend.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I cannot help but feel so happy looking at your post today! What unusual and beautiful things. The marzipan is so pretty, I have never seen any like this. Your roses are so beautiful, especially with the white picket fence, which shows them off perfectly. The hummingbird feeder is gorgeous, and a decorative work of art. The Cactus, WOW!!! Words fail me about it. What are the yellow flowers?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You live in a beautiful place and the weather is so nice at this time of year. I don't think I've ever had marzipan. Hmmm...I'll have to read more about it. Enjoy your day my friend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I looked it up and I know I would love the almond flavor but couldn't try it because of the sugar. Interesting though! ENJOY!

Carla from The River said...

I like marzipan. :-)
How very sweet to receive a gift in the mail.
Love you!
Carla

Hena Tayeb said...

So sweet you got a matching top in your size.
We'll make it work is a good motto.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

What a nice thing for your neighbor to say. I am sure you brighten his day. Your new top is really cute. What a sweet surprise from your daughter. I am glad your rose is blooming too. I have not tried Mazapan. I hope Nel has a wonderful vacation. She deserves it. This was a long school year. I am glad it is over!

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh this particular day we are not reeling from the heat - but last week was just brutal.

You have a new header - beautiful rose.

How sweet is your daughter getting that beautiful shirt.

I don't think I have ever had Mazapan.

That cactus with the rainbow colors - that was painted - right?

And the hummingbird birdfeeder is beautiful.

My favorite is your daughter's words - We'll make it work.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! Such a lovely, happy post today! I love your new blouse, and I am sure the chocolate was delicious too. How sweet of her! Your meal looks and sounds delicious! I have never tried that, but it sounds great! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

Veronica Lee said...

So much joy and beautiful in this post, Sheri.

How delightful to receive a gift in the mail!

The marzipan is very pretty and so is the rainbow cactus.

Happy Tuesday, my dear friend.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dear Sheri! It's good to hear that your mornings are not so chilly and that summer has arrived. Indeed, it's been a wonderful summer here so far with a few very HOT days but at this very moment as I type, there is a lovely rain storm headed this way. I love a summer rain.

The Liberty Belle said...

A pretty blouse, a choclate bar, marzipan?! What nice surprises. That rainbow cactus interesting. I never saw anything like it before.

Marilyn Miller said...

We had a very hot weekend, but today it is quite pleasant.
I love your little rose and your neighbors roses too.
Marzipan is good in some things, but not sure I would like it just as a candy. The wrapper is pretty though.
The field of yellow is pretty too.
What a thoughtful daughter to send you the top. It is very cute.

R's Rue said...

Good morning. I hope your enjoying coffee and a piece of cake.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Good Morning Sheri,
I hope this finds you well and that you and Nel have made the situation work. We are both blessed to have adult children who are also our friends who we can have real discussions with.
The scenes around your neighborhood are so pleasant and the roses are too!
We both share in the joy of a rose garden.
Wishing you a pleasant day my friend,
Jemma

R's Rue said...

Have a beautiful day.

It's me said...

Like your new blouse and that rainbow cactus !…I never see that …hahaha….stay cool….enjoy summer love from me and Leaf…🍀🐾💗🍀

Pam said...

AW, so sweet on the blouse!!! So cute too. Love the hummingbird feeders. I need to invest in a glass one and stop getting the plastic ones that I throw out each yr and buy new. Hoping you have a great weekend....I am heading to your home state on Sunday.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dearest Sheri...the mountains must be so lovely during the summer. Your rose is beautiful and I adore your new top. Cannot say I have really eaten Marzipan. Is it made with ground hazelnuts? Those nuts I really like so if it is I am sure I would like Marzipan. Whew where did the month of June go??
Hope July moves slower 🙄! Hugs

Pilar said...

What thoughtful children you have Sheri! I would've done the same for my mom. That shirt is so cute! Happy July my friend!

HWIT BLOGG said...

Lovely post and your neighbor´s bird feeder is really cool - love it!
Best wishes from Titti

Linda O'Connell said...

What a sweet post. One take away for me: great family! Also the old man may need someone to talk to. Befriend himand his pooch? I lived in Alaska years ago and summer was brief but splendid. Enjoy every moment.

Kimberly said...

I love your blouse, for sure you will look lovely in it. And I also love the pink rose, oh it's so pretty and the rainbow cactus so beautiful. Love it.<3

Carola Bartz said...

Make it work is a good motto, even if it sometimes doesn't work. But you have to try.
I love marzipan. As a German you can't have Christmas without marzipan!

Sujatha Sathya said...

rainbow cactus!!!! this is the first time I heard and saw a thing like that!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Sheri, I am catching up on your posts - it's been a busy month for me and I haven't had much blog-time with my friends. I love how sweet and thoughtful your children are and the little surprises they always give you. The top is so pretty - I love the flowers. And yes, I do love marzipan. I'm glad that you have sweet neighbors, too. The cactus is amazing. The world can be a beautiful place if we know where to look. 'We'll make it work' is such a nice thing to hear. Sending hugs xo K