Monday, December 21, 2015

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

It's Winter Break!!


Teaching has kept me so busy that I don't feel like I've been able to fully enjoy the Christmas season.


So, I'm doing that now.


One of my students gave me the most creative gift: a mason jar filled with Sharpies and topped with Kisses and a Starbucks card.


Speaking of gifts, I did almost all of my Christmas shopping on Saturday.


Yes...I know I'm behind, but I'm still amazed at how smooth my shopping day was and how I was able to find almost everything I was looking for, considering it was the last Saturday before Christmas!


Hmm...I wonder who this gift is for ;-)

I've been busy catching up on wrapping gifts, listening to holiday music, and sprucing up my home with seasonal decor.


This year, I made myself a mini flamingo tree.



Have I mentioned how much I love these birds?


 
It feels good to have a little break and enjoy the season!

(For instructions on how to make this festive bow, click here.)

Are you ready for Christmas?   


~Jess   

19 comments:

R's Rue said...

That gift is great

Linda said...

Sheri, what a lovely and creative gift from your student! I love gifts like that, as I feel that they come from the heart! :) Your photos are lovely.

Susie said...

Jess, I love your decorations. Especially the big owl. :) I know you will love your break. Blessings to you and your family for a wonderful Christmas week. xoxo,Susie

Red Rose Alley said...

Jess, that flamingo tree is so cute. And the scarf that you draped around it looks just like a tree skirt. It like the sea shell star too. And a Starbucks gift card, you love those! : )

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Jess, your home is looking lovely all dressed for Christmas. What a cute flamingo tree. I have a bird tree in our dining room as I just love birds. Enjoy your break and have a very Merry Christmas! ♥

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Jess,
Now that is really a creative gift, and so festive. I am sure the pens will come in handy.. Your owl is adorable... And the flamingo! Well, it i just too cute!
Wishing you a Merry Christmas... Enjoy your break.
fondly,
Penny


p.s.
Dear Sheri,
How sweet of you to visit. I am so happy you enjoyed the poem and photo.
Yes, I think of Mom everyday. She was very special, in so many ways.
Thank you so much for your friendship. You have brought joy into my world.
Love and blessings,
Penny

Terra said...

I bought an owl this year that looks like a sibling of your owl, aren't they darling? Also your flamingo tree is fun.

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Jess what a sweet share and how pretty all your Christmas touches look. Love the shell star oh and the jar with markers? I'd be delighted.
Have an amazing blessed Christmas.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HI JESS! As a 13 year "veteran" (not really, I still feel like a student teacher sometimes!), I hear what you're saying. I started my two week vacation yesterday and does it ever feel good. The school year and its demands allow for NO time.

Wishing you the best Christmas ever! Anita

Antee Gurung said...

the christmas vibes, the pictures looks amazing. Hope you have a wonderful time with your dear ones
Have a lovely week
Stay in touch
xoxo


20 North Ora said...

Beautiful vignettes! Love your flamingo tree! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Judy

handmade by amalia said...

That tiny Santa costume is adorable. Happy holidays.
Amalia
xo

somewhere on the avenue said...

Have a wonderful Christmas, that flamingo tree is so cute! xx

Riitta Sinikka said...

♥♥Merry Christmas♥♥ best regards from Finland. xxx Riitta♥

LoveT. said...

Beautiful Decoration, i love the Flamingo Tree :)

Merry Christmas gorgeous Sheri, lots of Hugs!

Susie Swanson said...

Beautiful gifts and decorations. Merry Christmas to all of you and your families. Love and Hugs, xo

Ann said...

This is a lovely Christmas post.
Just dropped by to wish all of you
a Merry Christmas ♥

http://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com

Aida said...

wish you a lovely, caring, delicious and peaceful Xmas!
a big hug, Aida

Lowcarb team member said...

Hope you had a magical Christmas Jess, all good wishes for 2016.

All the best Jan