Monday, September 14, 2026

Fall Hutch

This was the first time I decorated my hutch for fall, and I had a fun time doing it.  I don't usually decorate excessively for fall, but I have just enough stuff to fill this delightful hutch with autumn goodness.



I've had this white rose vase forever it seems, and it's the one thing I've never been able to part with.





I found this cute bowl this year, and filled it with chocolate.



I put my little accordion Hummel out because he has an orange scarf and he just looks like fall.



My hutch will be even more fun to decorate for Christmas, but for now, I will enjoy this autumn season with some cherished pieces - both new and ones that I've had for years.



I received a wonderful gift in the mail from my friend, Shug.  I was so excited when I saw all the goodies.  First of all, it was wrapped beautifully with a heart stamp, and everything was intact when it was delivered.  There was a devotional book with scripture verses, a funny face pen, some bookmarks, dried flowers, and a card with the most dear written words.  



I had a nice phone conversation with my sister, and it was so good to catch up with her.  It was like having a cup of coffee at a cafe' and chatting with someone so dear to you.

"We are now in the mountains and they are in us, kindling enthusiasm, making every nerve quiver, filling every pore and cell of us."

~John Muir



Have you ever tried Franz cinnamon swirl bread?  I make toast with butter sometimes, and it's wonderful.



These were in the Safeway parking lot, and I thought they were so Fall looking.





Then, I always have to put out my white pumpkin with the gold glitter stem during fall.



I ran into M. at the grocery store, the owner of the vintage shop in town, and we had a nice chat.  This is the vintage shop that I buy things from now and then, and I also donate stuff.  She travels every day from the city to her shop, which takes about 50 minutes each way.  I told her that's a lot, and she said she didn't mind it.  She's an inspiration to me, and I'm glad her charming shop is still open for us all.  I also saw some mini pumpkins with faces at the grocery store while I was there.  I think I'll get one next time - they're so funny and cheerful for fall.  Have a lovely September week.




28 comments:

photowannabe said...

Delightful post today, Sherri.
I really love all of your tastes of Fall, especially that charming white pitcher. Why would you ever want to part with it? That would hold center stage at my house...
The toast looks so yummy. I don't think I have heard of that brand. Will have to scope it out.
Isn't Shug just the best? She sure knows how to make a body feel special.
Have a great week.
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

Just the hutch itself is so pretty. I adore your beautiful vase, and the fall flowers in it are just perfect. I have the same little bowl! And the fox face. I have never heard of Franz bread. We don't have any Safeways around here. In fact, I didn't know they were still in business! They used to be everywhere, and they were maybe the top grocery store in the country. I kinda miss them.

Carla from The River said...

I love the hutch Sheri!! It turned out so nice.
Oh, what a sweet gift from Shug. Snail mail is the best, and when it is a surprise it is even better.
We have a cool wind blowing today. I just have the window cracked a bit, it feels good after a hot summer.
xo

LoveT. said...

The hutch was a great buy. It looks very pretty decorated for autumn; the colors really pop against the white background.

The toast looks delicious—I can almost smell how good it is. :)
I love that there are pumpkins everywhere in autumn.

Have a wonderful week.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Sherri, that hutch is such a joy that you can decorate it seasonally. What fun! It looks great.. Happy Fall...

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Wow, the photos are so big and colorful. So pretty. Just a couple of miles from me, we have the Franz Bakery outlet. I'll have to go and check out that cinnamon bread. Although I do try to stay away from those carbs. Bread and pastries are my weakness. It's nice to see how you celebrate Autumn, Sheri

Christine said...

Fall inspired here and I absolutely love cinnamon toast. My friend taught me to make French toast waffles with it and it is fabulous too.

Susan Kane said...

You always have such lovely arrangements! You have such a great collection of memorabilia. Your photos are great.

Chatty Crone said...

You know some people decorate their house with trees for different holidays - you decorate your Hutch. When I first say it with that beautiful orange color mixed with white - is just breath taking to me. Loved the white vase with the flowers. I loved the white and orange pumpkins. So exquisite. I mean it.
Nice that Shug sent you a nice gift and you got to talk to your sister. I have never heard of Franz cinnamon bread. I looked good. Well, I loved your decorations!

Shug said...

Your hutch is so cute and filled with a lot of charm. The orange on your post today is so bright and cherry!! After a dry summer, the orange colors are sure making me smile. Thank you for enjoying your gift.. I've not had the cinnamon bread but it sure looks so tasty...I can imagine the enjoyment of having a slice of this bread with a hot cup of coffee... Hope the rest of your week is as sweet as you.

Patricia said...

What a pretty Fall post, Sheri. Your hutch is so much fun, going through the seasons, and I love your white rose vase very much. I'd keep it forever too. Isn't chatting with sisters great? I have two (lucky me) and we have the longest phone calls! I loved the approaching Fall when I was visiting my daughter, and saw pretty flowers just like those you found. And your white pumpkin, which I remembered from last year: well, I found one very similar in a shop, but sadly too big to bring home in the luggage. However, I bought I little white one instead. They are not sold here at all. Have a good week.

R's Rue said...

It is pure joy to stop by here. If I met you in person, I’d imagine you to be even more charming. God bless you. Thank you for being you.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I love your decorated hutch. It is very pretty. I put a couple things out, but will decorate on the weekend. I made a pumpkin pie for my daughter on Sunday and took it to her. She had a hard week at school. I have not tried the bread, but it does sound good. I will look for it at the store! Have a great day!

Marilyn Miller said...

Your fall post just helps me feel the spirit of the change in seasons. Love your hutch decorations. The Franz bread sounds like something I need to find. I love cinnamon toast. Yummm! So glad you had "coffee" with your sister even if it was on the phone. What a pretty rose vase. I would keep it too.

photowannabe said...

Hi Friend ... to answer your question ... those pink roses are totally faux. I bought the vase with the flowers already in it, years ago.
Sue

Neuer Gartentraum said...

Dear Sheri,
there are so many lovely things in your post, but my eyes immediately went to your beautiful white rose vase. I make pottery myself, so ceramics always catch my attention, and this one really makes my potter’s heart beat a little faster. I can completely understand why this is the one piece you have never been able to part with. Some things become more precious simply because they have accompanied us for so many years.

I also loved what you wrote about your conversation with your sister. Sometimes a long phone call with someone we love really can feel almost like sitting together over a cup of coffee. Distance seems to disappear for a little while.

Your hutch looks warm and welcoming in its autumn dress. I think you have found just the right balance between old treasures and new little discoveries.

Wishing you many more cozy September days.

Warm greetings from Germany,
Anette

Ginny Hartzler said...

Came back again today just for another look at your amazing fall hutch. It makes me happy.

Louca por porcelana said...

How many treasures... That hummel/Goebel boy caught my eye, sooo cute! Happy Fall!

Jeanie said...

Oh my, those marigolds! I do love your hutch and all it's fall touches. I have a small Hummel collection and I love how you used this one. Yours was the only new post that showed up on my blogger roll today! Progress? If you're having the same trouble with the blog reader and haven't already signed up for my email notifications, please do! At least the new posts will show up there!

Connie said...

This was a very sweet read . . . love your white rose vase, it looks so delicate. Those flowers and pumpkins are so pretty and that toast makes my mouth water, LOL. Happy Autumn 🍂

Veronica Lee said...

Your hutch looks so beautiful, Sheri.
I love how each piece tells a little story, especially that white rose vase you’ve kept all these years.
The Hummel with his orange scarf is such a sweet touch for fall. 🌹

handmade by amalia said...

I love the hutch as well, Sheri, and the autumnal colors after all the summer pastels. Best time of the year!
Amalia
xo

Susan said...

Oh Sheri, you did a great job decorating the white hutch. Just lovely. And I see your three little granddaughters! hee hee The white vase is beautiful and the bread looks beyond fabuous. We don't have that brand here. Take care, dear Sheri. Nice job! Hugs. Susan

roughterrain crane said...

Nature has a great power to activate all the cells we have.

Hena Tayeb said...

You hutch looks delightful. That cinnamon bread sounds so good. We don't have Safeway's in our area.

DeniseinVA said...

Full of Autumn delights today and thoroughly enjoyed looking at every photo, inside and outside. I haven’t come across the cinnamon swirl bread and will have to check out our Safeway sometime. Your hutch looks beautiful! I have one Hummel figurine which was a precious gift from my sister many years ago. It’s a little boy sitting on a fence. Loved your sweet gift from Shug. Another lovely post, thanks Sheri. Have a wonderful week!

Bety said...

Oh, what a beautiful vase! The details are so fine and delicate! It is beautiful even without flowers!

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Sheri, thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment on my pumpkin book photo. I got curious and went on a YouTube search to see if they had a how-to video and lo and behold, they did :) Here is a link you can pass on to your daughters. I will also be adding it to my post.

https://youtu.be/V1MdSVlg7CY?is=JPTktkJ_8pKEuCXr

Happy October!