I told you last time that I wanted to get a pumpkin at the grocery store with a funny face, and this week I rummaged through the box, and found the perfect one. It even has a word written on it. People in the world sometimes say and do bizarre things, and we are surprised and just flabbergasted when it happens. We hear it on the news and even see it in our own towns and neighborhoods. Whenever that happens, the only response that I can come up with is.......
I made one of my favorite things of all - my mother-in-law's potato salad. It's such a simple recipe, and I love it. I always add more eggs than she used to though. ; )
Some people go to the store when they have a meal to prepare. For me, I use what's in the cupboards and fridge most of the time. *Some cooked bacon (I took the fat off), broccoli, bell peppers, onions, red potatoes, a little milk to keep it moist, sprinkle with a generous amount of cheese, cover with foil, and bake at 350 for about an hour. It turned out really delicious.
Francesca is in her second year of Holy Communion classes. This grandma is so pleased that she will receive the Sacrament of Holy Communion (the Eucharist). She came out of her class one day wearing this sticker on her forehead.
Jess bought a new car! And she celebrated by driving to Ventura Beach for the day.
"One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats."
~Iris Murdoch
Nel and Jess have a way with decorating for the seasons, and here are a few pics of Nel's creative fall ideas. The greens are pretty that she used this year in her decorating.
These scarecrows belonged to her grandma. I love that she puts them out every year.
This just cracks me up.
The landscaper came by and did so much work around here. I like to get caught up on fall chores to get prepared for the cold winters we have. The lawn looks nice, so I wanted to get a pumpkin for the porch. It's just the right size and shape.
It's deer season, and they seem to come around in September. Not a good pic, but it was exciting to see a doe across the street at my neighbor's house.
It's so neat that Renecke coaches Mia's soccer team. When I first saw this picture, I saw a little "me" in Mia. It's funny; every once in a while, when we see our grandkids, we see not only our children in them, but ourselves. It can be a look they make, a smile, or even their personality.
Along with the cooler weather, this is the first real sign of Fall. We're supposed to get more rain this winter than usual, so I've heard.
So, if you're ever appalled at some of the things you see and hear out there, you can use my response if you'd like.......











12 comments:
Good morning Sheri and Happy Monday! 😍
Your post made me smile, starting with the little pumpkin! That photo of Charlotte cracked me up too. I like how Jess and Nell decorate tastefully!
Yes it just might be a very wet winter. I don't mind, really. I need a new raincoat. I always look forward to our rainy season!
My son gets the deer traveling his yard.We had some excitement in my neighborhood - A several bear sightings just down the street from us. I pray no one tries to shoot it - my goodness just call the wildlife rescue to relocate the bear. Its just lost.
My son and husband are trying to organize another trip up to Lassen on the full moon, where they hike up in the moonlight and then watch the sunrise in the east. They better hurry because soon Lassen closes for winter.
The pumpkin you found and placed on your porch is perfectly pumpkin-shaped! 🎃 There's a farm just down the road from us, where we'll pick out a pumpkin or two.I don't know if we save any money, but its part of the Fall experience.
Well, I'm excited to begin a new chapter this week and I hope you are, too!
Oh Sheri - your pumpkin says it all - I think I need one of these sitting somewhere near me (LOL). Your food looks delicious. I too make potato salad from directions my mother-in-law shared with me not so long ago. It is a special dish we enjoy during the warmer months. Looks like the girls had a fun day at the beach. Are not the fall decorations the best. Bet that pumpkin coffee creamer is the best. Take care dear friend. Hugs!
God bless you. I need to see joy in the little things
every once in a while, when we see our grandkids, we see not only our children in them, but ourselves....... this is happening with my grandson now.
This IS the perfect pumpkin!! Your deer photo looks like a beautiful painting. How much milk? I am going to make this, I copied it!!! Of all the decorations, I think my favorite are the pretty green bowls and the harvest sign,
I am all about that word Huh !!!
Love that pumpkin ... I think I would have bought it too.
Love all the decorations and do-dads
Good for Francesca. What a wonderful milestone.
UMMM Yummm I love the looks of that clean out the fridge meal. That's my go-to thing to do every week. OK now I am hungry. Tonight its left over Glop ... Thats a lot like Goulash and pretty much a clean out the fridge meal for us. Hamburger, kidney beans, onions, green beans and lots of diced tomatoes seasoned liberally. Makes a sauce ( golden mushroom soup mixed with the canned diced tomatoes) which I pour over noodles and there you have it ... a one pan meal ...
Sue
The picture of the doe is beautiful. It radiates such a sense of calm.
Your header with the glass pumpkin is great.
Have a lovely week, dear Sheri.
Sheri, I just love how your posts weave together family, food, and the seasons. The pumpkin made me smile, Francesca’s milestone warmed my heart, and Jess’s celebration trip sounds so fun. 🌹
The Fall pumpkin is very clever, a perfect face for when you can't believe what you just saw/heard. Lovely photos as always Sheri, especially the pretty deer. I can see you in Mia, as you say. Grandkids are the most precious gift. Bless little Francesca on her First Holy Communion. Nel's turkey is a winner with me. Happy Autumn.
Happy Fall Sheri... Today is the Day...the calendar says first day of Fall. Your painted pumpkin is adorable. In our area, I've seen several homes all decorated with pumpkins and fall flowers on their porches. Blessing to Francesca and little Mia, she is so cute in her little hat. Your girls are so good at decorating. I think seasonal decorating is something that all of the family enjoys..even though we are the ones that dig it all out and make the house look good. It is always nice to be able to use what is in the refrigerator to make something yummy. I am not a fan of having to go to the grocery store, so I often try to make a meal out of what we have. I love how I could still see the spots on the deer. They are beautiful animals. Sending you warm hugs..
Sherri, this was such a fun post. Cute pumpkin that you picked out. I love seeing all the fall decorations and fall items. I sometimes buy the International delight flavored creamers when I am having company- the pumpkin pie spice sounds delicious. Those potato dishes look really good. I like using up what I have too... Have a great week.
Oh Sheri, I LOVE your little pumpkin! Your whole post was adorable . Love all the lovely decorations in the post, too, including your daughter's . Your posts always make me smile. Hugs. Susan
Post a Comment