Before summer's end, I wanted to show you the rose garden me and Jess visited recently. It really was enchanting, with many unusual and lovely features. The groundskeepers who take care of this garden do an exceptional job keeping it clean, groomed, and maintained. We first picked up some coffee and donuts before heading over there, and sat and talked for a while.
When my kids were little, I used to take them to the small donut shop by the railroad tracks. This was always my favorite donut, so I chose it for myself.
There was a shaded picnic area with benches and umbrellas, so charming.
I had just bought the cat stuffie at Barnes & Noble for Francesca, so she brought midnight to the rose garden to get acquainted.
This area was right before the rose garden. The hedges were so green and groomed with a creative design.
There was a delightful fountain that looked so refreshing on the warm summer day.
I thought this lady statue was beautiful.
Time to explore the gardens.
I was immediately drawn to the reds, and they had an abundance of them in this one area.
Then, there were the whites, which are always so special and pretty.
Charlotte walked along, and the yellows caught her eye.
There was a variety of colors - the Corals were very unique.
And the most beautiful blush.
Then, there were the pinks.
There was even a bush with tiny California poppies that Francesca admired.
The arches were something else! I can imagine the fairies having a good time swirling and fluttering about. 😉
There were cute little lighthouses and fixtures all throughout the garden.
And shaded benches to rest or eat or ponder or just be.
Francesca's favorite flower is the red rose, and she wanted to see how it smelled.
Because Charlotte does everything her sister does, she tried it too, but all the petals fell to the ground.
Jess and the kids walked to the end of the garden to see what was up, while I stayed behind for a moment to take pictures.
I thought these purple flowers were tiny and sweet. Not sure what they were.
The Italian trees stood tall and grand, and I believe these are called Italian Cypress or Tuscan Cypress.
There was even a gazebo to enjoy. I thought it would be perfect for special occasions.
I definitely want to go back to this enchanted garden sometime. It is really a peaceful place, and Jess enjoys taking the kids here from time to time.
When it was time to snap the picture, little Charlotte made a face at her mama.


2 comments:
Such beautiful photos. God bless you.
Beautiful roses! Charlotte is quite the character. I could see myself there in the early morning, and just enjoying the fragrance. Lovely rose garden.
Post a Comment