Monday, December 26, 2022

After Christmas Goodies

Did you have a nice Christmas?  Mine was wonderful.  I don't mind saying that I love when my children spoil me at Christmas.  So many creative and special gifts I received.  Here are a few of them.



Jess always seems to give me a nostalgic gift or two, and a dear feeling came over me when I opened this box of Aplets and Cotlets.  My dad used to love these, and it made me think about him for a moment or so.



She also got her brother some apple butter, which my parents used to love too.  My son made some toast Christmas morning with apple butter and it was so good, tasted like home made.



One of my favorite gifts was from Brian - a box of See's, and it was even more special this year, as it came with a little story about celebrating their 100 years.  In 1921, Mary See and her son Charles opened a small shop in Los Angeles, and people have been loving her delicious candy ever since.



I have been wanting the Mary Engelbreit calendars for a couple years now, but they were all out when I went to the book stores, but Jess managed to find one this year for me, yaaaay.  Her calendars make me happy when I flip through the colorful weekly pages.



My children know I love plaids, and Nel got me some jeans with a plaid flannel shirt from Jess, and my son bought me this lovely plaid throw that's so warm and comfy.  The colors look like Fall.  I can't wait to snuggle in it.



Nel always seems to find pretty frames when she gives me photos of Mia, and Jess made this cute sled photo ornament of Francesca.





I saw this red rose jewelry box that I thought was beautiful, and Nel surprised me with it on Christmas.



My kids have always loved the Harry Potter books and movies growing up.  I'd like you to meet Felix Felicis, Mia's new furry friend strait from the North Pole!  He's named after the Harry Potter potion for good luck.





And speaking of Harry Potter, I wanted to show you this cool and creative Harry Potter nook that Jess made under the stairs in her home.  It is a perfect place for children to read, and just spend time here with their imagination.



Have a magical week leading up to the new year.

~Sheri

24 comments:

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Merry Christmas!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely and scrumptous gifts. Felix is adorable!

It's me said...

So lovely merry Christmas love from me 🙏❤️🙏

Billie Jo said...

Merry Christmas! Love the Harry Potter corner!!!!

Marilyn Miller said...

What thoughtful, yummy gifts.
Love, love the nook under the stairs. I think I would spend some time there myself. Your children take very good care of you. Enjoy it!

Chatty Crone said...

So you really got a haul for after Christmas gifts. How nice. I have no idea what an aplet-cotlet is to be honest. I love See's candy. Who doesn't? And I don't know anything about Mary Engelbreit - why do you like her? I like plaids too - that blanket looks comfortable and cuddly. That Henry Potter nook - is amazing - a wonderful place for kids to dream and read. Let's see I like Francesca bow in her hair. And the cat is precious.
Well Merry Christmas this week and happy New Year. sandie

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Hi Sheri,
You did get a lot of wonderful things. I love the under the stair case reading area. That is very cool. My husband is a Harry Potter fan also. I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas.

Patricia said...

What beautiful gifts you received, Sheri. The candies are all unfamiliar to me, and look really good. The plaid throw and the rose box are gorgeous. You have wonderful daughters, and talented too. The Harry Potter nook is genius - what little child would not love it. Merry Christmas Sheri!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH! That reading nook is just perfect for any book lover of any age! Sheri, Happy Holidays my dear! Your gifts are such an expression of love from you family who knows what you cherish. May your new year be bright!

Pam said...

What fantastic gifts. I love the new little kitten that has been a good home and just in time for Christmas. That is so sweet. We are dealing with snow, it came two days before Christmas, melted off the roads in time for Christmas get togethers, then BAM in the morning of the 26th my roads were covered yet again. Hoping that the heat wave of 40 degrees melt some of it clean. Hoping you have a GREAT start to your New Year.

R's Rue said...

This makes me happy

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Sheri,
You are well loved and therefore well thought of for receiving those goodies and things that warm you otherwise.
ENJOY them and may the final days of 2022 be cozy ones.
Yesterday I arrived with my Pieter here at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Gardens in Orlando. Using Pieter's points for free nights—feeling regal. At his age of ninetythree+ one never knows. Pieter does no longer drive long distance so the 2 hrs traffic jam and arriving in the dark was tough but I've slept well.
and I had my first supper and all stayed down. My kidneys behaved with the even stricter selections made.
Grateful for having come this far. We'll be home next year on Monday evening...
Hugs,
Mariette

Carla from The River said...

Hi, Happy Last Week of the Year.
Oh goodness, I want to read in the cozy nook. My boys would have loved a special spot like this.
Felix Felicis, oh my, melt my heart of sweet kitten smiles.

I too like Mary Engelbreit.

Love, Carla

DeniseinVA said...

So many meaningful gifs, just love this Sheri. A beautiful family and a beautiful home. I agree, that nook is so cozy. A Happy and Healthy New Year to you and all those you love.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

So, after a swim and shampooing my hair I have to come back about Felix Felicis—what a cute kitty he is!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The nook is the coolest! It is both magical and very pretty. Felix is adorable! And your presents are so perfect; the throw is gorgeous!

Linda O'Connell said...

Mary Englebright lives in our town. She is a famous artist. Your gifts are delightful I love that music box and the sled frame. You are chersihed by your family.

handmade by amalia said...

So many lovely things. Hope you're enjoying the holiday season and staying nice and warm, dear Sheri. All the best for the new year!
Amalia
xo

ashok said...

It was a lovely Christmas this year...nice to see your moments too..

Pilar said...

It looks like you had a good Christmas Sheri! So many goodies!

Jeanie said...

I've never heard of applets and cotlets. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift. It sounds as though your Christmas was lovely and filled with very thoughtful gifts. The photos are wonderful -- what pretty grands you have! And I love that plaid! Best of all, lovely family. I've hardly touched the computer in over a week so Merry Winter Holidays and In-Between Week to you!

roughterrain crane said...

I wish you a healthy and happy New Year.

Susan said...

What a totally darling post, Sheri. Felix Felicis is the most adorable kitty EVER. Mia is going to fall madly in love with him. The rose box is absolutely gorgeous. What a perfect gift it is for you.

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Sheri - that Felix is going to become the best loved Christmas gift I am certain. Your daughter certainly knows how to create a magical place for a child to settle in and enjoy reading and dreaming.
I think that See's candy is the best. We have a company that sends us a box each year at Christmas and I so look forward to enjoying those delicious pieces of chocolate.
Looks like you had a lovely Christmas. Take care and have a wonderful day. Hugs!