Monday, October 10, 2022

Claremont Village

When I went to So Cal recently, we spent one day at Claremont Village.  It's one of Nel's favorite places to hang out.  It's really a charming place filled with a variety of shops and restaurants.  When we first got there, we stopped at Some Crust, our favorite bakery, and we got our usual blueberry cheese Danish.  They are amazing.  We took our coffees and pastries, and sat down at one of the picnic tables close by.



After, we did some shopping, and visited many lovely shops in the village.



There was a farmer's market going on that day, and Jess bought some fresh cucumbers for Francesca, as she loves them.  Mia stopped for a moment to hear the music playing.



There was a big tree on the edge of the sidewalk that was twisted and bent.  It looked like it was ready to fall, and I was surprised it was still standing.  Mia was curious and spent a little time getting acquainted with the tree.



We went inside a shop with a colorful atmosphere, that had many spices for cooking.  The swinging doors caught my eye.



I loved this one particular home shop.  It was so much fun browsing around, and I could have stayed in there for an hour or so.  There's not many shops in the mountains, but I can't complain, cause it allows me not to spend money on unnecessary items.  ; )  But while I was here, I had the best time looking around.

I was drawn to the blue section.  What is it about blue in the home that stirs my heart?  But then I asked myself, "do I really need yet another tea cup?"  I think not.



Our next stop was an olive tasting shop.  Nel bought a jar of Blue Cheese stuffed olives.  At another shop, she picked up some rosemary herb bread and two different cheeses and salami.   She made a nice spread when we got home.  It was so good.



Nel told Mia that she could pick out one thing while we were at the village.  I appreciate that my daughters don't spoil their children.  Mia saw many cute things she liked, but this little heart ring was her favorite, so Nel bought that for her.  In that same shop, Jess bought me a small purple glass heart ornament.

Later that evening, we came back to Claremont Village and ate at an Italian Restaurant.  It really was delicious food.  I can see why this area is one of Nel's favorite places to visit.  It's mine too.

Well, speaking of shopping, while I was at the grocery store last week, I saw these Fall kitchen towels, and had to bring them home with me.

Charlie Brown gets me every time.  



~Sheri

26 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh, I love me some Charlie Brown too! lol
I would love to go to Claremont Village. To go to Some Crust and have a pastry. It looked like CA there - that beautiful big tree. The farmers market.
Love the unique swing doors too.
I think it is a good idea for cute Mia to just get one thing. Good idea.
I would love the olive tasting too.
I am with you on that last shop - sometimes I love things too just because they are pretty - and it can be expensive. Then I remember moving! lol

It's me said...

You have a great time with your daughter and granddaughter…love to read this….I really like your tea towels…they make me smile ….love happy week Ria and Leaf πŸ€πŸΎπŸ’—πŸ€

Pilar said...

It looks like you had a great time during your visit to Claremont Village! You know I haven't been to the Farmer's Market in long time. I need to visit one soon! Have an amazing week Sheri!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This would be my idea of Heaven!! It seems that there are fewer and fewer bakeries every year, would you agree? Wow, that home shop is pricy! And the tree!! Was there any information on it wnywhere? The swinging doors are awesome! I would love them for my kitchen doorway. I have been looking, but do not see the little ring. Senior moment maybe.

Billie Jo said...

What an absolutely wonderful day! I would love to spend time with loved ones in that beautiful place. So happy for you. And you and I share a love of Charlie Brown!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Charlie Brown makes us all happy! Looks like a fun day you had! Easy to keep from being tempted by things when they are so expensive! EEEE!

Carla from The River said...

Hi, Charlie Brown makes me happy too. :-) I love cucumbers. They are my favorite veggie.
Have a great week Sheri!
Love, Carla

R's Rue said...

So much fun

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh what a wonderful time you had. Sounds like you raised one good daughter.

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh Sheri what a lovely village. It looks like my kind of place to visit. Like you I adore blue dishes...they remind me of my grandma. She had a set when I was growing up. Wish I had them but they are gone and who knows when and how 60 some years later.

Bet those pastries are excellent. What an unusual name too for a business. Really like it.

Love your Charlie Brown fall dish towels. Bet you will enjoy drying dishes now.

Yes a dog would be a wonderful companion for you in the mountains. The right breed and size would make you feel safe. I know that is the case with my Shepherds. They are so protective. I will be "looking up" for you about finding just the right pooch!
Have a great week. Hugs!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Sheri! I don't think I've ever been to Clairmont; now that I think of it, my life in California was only a 28 year experience, most of it as a child, teen and then when we first got married, all times that never allowed for me to travel outside of Los Angeles much! THAT TREE! Oh that is a wild tree!

Well my friend, I am glad you document your experiences here still. I'm moving over to Youtube and if you are interested, just email me and let me know so I can send you the link.

Louca por porcelana said...

What precious time! Love those cute fall towels too. Blessings dear friend.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

How lovely post;-)

ashleyfox said...

I will definitely grab my traveling tote bags and go visit this village right away! This place is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

That was a charming post, Sheri. Oh, that little town looked just up my alley. I'd LOVE to go there. Loved the brightly colored and patterned door, the shops, the gifties, everything. Great job bringing us with you!

Estelle's said...

OH Sheri...what a delightful post today! This would be right up my alley spending the day like this....and a perfect ending with that delightful Italian deli tray...thanks so much for sharing this!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Charlie! πŸ₯°
That tree is amazing.
Lovely pictures. The blue dishes and chicken linens are beautiful. The dish pattern isn't one I've seen before.

R's Rue said...

Hope you’re enjoying a beautiful fall day.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I love Charlie Brown and Snoopy. Sounds like you had a wonderful time visiting. My Grandma had some of those blue dishes with the flowers. She loved blue dishes in her kitchen. She would have loved those too.

Mor Düşler Kitaplığı said...

Hello Sheri, looks like a nice trip. Thanks for sharing. Have a good day :)

handmade by amalia said...

A lovely day out, Sheri! Such a nice area and I like any day that begins with blueberry cheese Danish and goes on to shopping and a picnic.
Amalia
xo

Linda O'Connell said...

I am sure that swinging door has tales to tell. Love the Claremont post!

Holly said...

What a beautiful day well spent.

Marilyn Miller said...

What a lovely adventure. I lived in the Claremont area many, many years ago; but I don't think I would recognize it now. Yummm! to favorite bakeries. Cute fall kitchen towels too.

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely post and great outing. I like the look of this place very much, and I could spend hours around the farmer's market as well as that cute shop. I have several ornaments of Snoopy and Woodstock, loved and still do the old Charlie Brown cartoons. A lovely day with your sweet family :)

Pam said...

Sounds like such a wonderful time. I know you enjoy spending time with your daughter and Mia. I picked up some kitchen towels the other day but mine was just brown and red and just cause I was in need of needing some.