Monday, August 8, 2022

Turning The Page To August

Can't believe it's August already.  It's been warm here, but this week is supposed to be cooler, in the 80's and 90's.

I can see why Nel loves shopping Amazon.  I told Mia I would get her a music box, so Nel suggested I browse through Amazon, and pick something that I think looks like her, and she would order it.  So I did.  I got hooked after awhile, there were so many cute ones - a carousel, a unicorn, and there was even a fairy purse music box.


I didn't get any of those, but I found one that was so unique and pretty, and that's the one I chose.  I'll show it to you later, as I want Mia to see it first. 

It's hard to find landscapers up here, but I have a couple loyal ones that come through for me.  One came by and cleared out the whole back yard.  It was growing mullein, which was hard for me to do.  I was given a weed eater, and my neighbor showed me how to use it.  It's my new toy, and I've been trying to keep up with grooming the yard this Summer.



Jess, I finished Season 4 of Virgin River!  Couldn't stop watching it haha.  You're in for a surprise at what happens on the last episode.



As soon as I step out of my house in the mountains, pleasant and unusual things always appear to me.









 My son made dinner one night, and we watched the movie Hustle.  Can you ever go wrong with an Adam Sandler movie?  I thought it was a great movie.


There is a mourning dove that comes to my lawn every day.  She collects small twigs and things that fall from the pine trees, and then flies off and returns and does the same thing again.  She's possibly making a nest?  She is the sweetest thing, and I noticed she has a white mark on the center of her forehead.  These aren't the best pictures, cause they are through the window.  She flies off every time she sees my camera, and it's hard to get a good picture of her.







Summer treat.

There's nothing like Thrifty's ice cream in the Summertime, and this black cherry was so good on a hot day.



I am enjoying the Summer days, but anxiously waiting for Fall.  I was told that they just put up signs in the woods in this area not to walk the trails at this time because of fire season.  I'm glad they did that, and it is a relief to know that less fires will be started by careless people roaming the woods.  I can sit back and rest in my surroundings.



~Sheri

22 comments:

Jeanie said...

Beautiful photos, Sheri. It looks like a wonderful weekend. I'm so glad you live near your son and you can enjoy times together. I hope the dove builds there. And that black cherry ice cream looks fabulous!

I'm terrible with weeds. I have begun to think of them as plants I didn't plant. It makes me feel better but still looks bad!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The bird with the blue looks like maybe an Indigo Bunting? I haven't heard of Virgin River, what channel is it on? I will look it up. Such beautiful nature around there!

Louca por porcelana said...

Always a pleasure stopping by! Beautiful photos dear Sheri. Have a lovely week ahead.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Lovely photos of your summer treats in nature as well as in a bowl! I'm glad your area is being cautious about fires. I'm sure Mia will enjoy whatever you have chosen for her birthday. Amazon is a dangerous addiction as they carry everything! I love seeing the beautiful indigo bunting! Enjoy your new week.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the horses and dove and all the pretty wildflowers you see there! Enjoy your week!

Veronica Lee said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful summer.

I always love the photos you share and getting a glimpse of your life through them.

Hugs and blessings, Sheri.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Nice photos. That horse is quite muscular. The dove is a cute harden friend. Prayers for rain in moderation

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest Sheri!

Thrifty's Ice Cream...if it's the same thing, I remember it when I was a child. We'd go to the Thrifty Drug Store and they have a "soda fountain" where you could get a scoop of ice cream for five cents...

Yes, that dove is making a nest. It's fun to watch the birds collect what they need then one day see the nest they've built. I don't think you can buy anything at the craft store that can compare with the raw beauty of a bird's nest from nature!

Enjoy the rest of the summer dear friend!

Chatty Crone said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE THAT LAST PICTURE - I can just picture that being you there. So awesome.
I love that little fairy purse - it will be interesting to see what you got her. AMAZON is my downfall - I love that place.
That morning dove does have white on its head - I bet it is making a nest.
I am not sure what mullein is I am going to look that up.
I LOVE Virgin River - and I love that quote from it. Half a life...
I don't know Thrifty ice cream - I love Bryers Creamy Vanilla. lol
I have not seen Hustle - your meal looked delicious.
And lastly - love the bluebird!

Carla from The River said...

I love your photos in this post.. you took so many stunning photos!The little bee or fly is one of my favorites.
Enjoy August my dear friend.
Love, Carla

Marilyn Miller said...

Glad you are having help in your garden and good ice cream too.
I am sure the music box will be loved.
I just finished watching Virgin River, so I know the surprise at the end. Now we must wait for the next season.

Debbie Nolan said...

Sheri - it sounds like you are having a break in the heat. We have been very hot and dry here but supposed to get better by the end of the week. Your ice cream looks delicious. My dad's favorite was always black cherry and it is very hard now to find around here. Love your "blue bird". It is not one we have here. Our blue ones are much smaller. Those doves have such a sweet face. We have mourning ones and they come to the feeders every day.
Your son must be quite the cook...this would be my kind of dinner.
Thank you too for visiting me and leaving a sweet comment regarding Shelby.
Hope you have a great week dear friend. Hugs!

Pam said...

It seems not that long ago that you still had snow up in your mountains!! And its coming again soon. Don't you just love the beauties of the summer? I was out the other day shooting pics of the hummingbird. It has been a rough summer here with the heat. I personally am waiting fall. I love fall. My fave time of the yr. Summer takes and robs me of my energy even more than my meds do. The most pleasant week I had this summer was in San Diego with nothing higher then 85. Hoping you are having a great week. By the way, I used to collect music boxes. I think I still have one around that I got from my boyfriend in my late teens. I will have to look....

R's Rue said...

Thanks for the smile today.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely post!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear friend, I was so happy to see your comment. Oh I just love your posts. I have to say you are quite the photographer! I love all these photos, and the music box purse, Lily would just love it! I must go check them out.

blessings,
Penny

Tammie Lee said...

That is sweet art at the end.
I am glad you are enjoying sweet details.
Can that white spot on the doves head be a fluffy feather sticking out?

lovely day to you.

DeniseinVA said...

Delightful post Sheri! I have enjoyed each and every photo, thank you! The animals and birds, flowers, food and a good thumb’s up for a movie, which I will enjoy checking out soon. What a great idea of Nel’s and it sounds like a super gift. That is an excellent quote from Virgin River. I haven’t started the new season yet and I am looking forward to it.

Pilar said...

It looks like you're enjoying these end of Summer days Sheri! My mom loves black cherry ice cream!

R's Rue said...

Happy Friday. Hope you enjoy the day.

It's me said...

Nice musicbox…oww I love Virgin river …I have see all…now Monday Chesapeake shores will started the last season..als one of my favorite..do you now it ?…owww and now I will that delicious icecream …but I am on a diet …so poor me….happy Sunday love from me and Leaf 🍀🐾💗🍀

R's Rue said...

Miss you.