Monday, July 26, 2021

More Family Time In The Mountains

While my family was here visiting, we ate in, but we also ate out.  And the first night, we went to a pizza eatery right in my town.   It really is one of the best pizzas that I've had.  We got one pepperoni and one combination.



The next morning, Jess made a simple breakfast of bacon and eggs and coffee.  She makes the best breakfasts, always cooking slow and steady.



I found the original popsicles at the store that we used to have when we were kids.  They enjoyed them, and what kid doesn't love popsicles on a hot Summer day?  

They spent a long time playing with my vanity, and were fascinated with the jewels and colors and trinkets.  I don't wear jewelry that often, but I told Jess that I should get more jewelry just so they could play with it.  They had the best time trying things on and looking through it all.  



We drove to Mount Shasta....Nel wanted to visit her Grandma at the cemetery, which I thought was a lovely idea.  It was a sentimental moment for the girls, as they miss their Grandma very much.  

A few years ago, I found a little accordion angel, and it reminded me of my mother-in-law because she used to play the accordion.  It was the perfect time to put the angel on her grave site and let her know how much I miss her.



Driving, we saw Mount Shasta in the distance, and it was the first time that I haven't seen snow on this mountain.



Mount Shasta is one of the most spiritual mountains around.  It's 14,179 feet, and Nel has climbed it twice!  She wants to climb it once again with Mia when she's older.....and I believe she will!



I will leave you with one of my favorite poems, Glorious Mount Shasta.

Shasta! O Mount Shasta! What Secrets do you hide,
What dwells within that Heart of Yours, What Light does There abide?
Beneath your snowy peaks so bright What Blessings do you hold,
What Knowledge do you guard so well From those who seek too bold?
I think I hear you speak to me From your pure heights above.
I feel and hear your answer now; "There's just one way - through Love!"
To him who knows that 'Presence' well And lives It, too, beside,
My Secrets are an open book, From him I've naught to hide.
Learn well that Golden Key of Life, It opens every lock;
With It you may fling wide my Door, For Love ne'er needs to knock.
"O sons of Earth who seek more Light, Learn first Love's Great Command!
Pour out Its Healing Golden Streams, And in my Heart you'll stand."
 
CHANERA

I hope my family enjoyed their time in the mountains.



  They will be in my heart until I see them again.

 

29 comments:

R's Rue said...

This post brought so much joy and happy tears for me. Thank you so much dear friend. You are a blessing to me. One I treasure. Have a beautiful Monday dear one.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely post. Playing with jewelry is a special memory maker. Beautiful poem.

Nellie said...

What a lovely post! Your family will have many good memories from their visit with you!

Pam said...

I am so glad that Nel and the family was able to visit you. Love the mts with snow on them....cool. Come visit the blog tomorrow and you can read the write up about Everleigh. she is special.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh you had me at the pizza. That looked so good. Then the breakfast. I haven't had lunch yet can you tell?
The girls are all beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never heard of Mt. Shasta - it looks so pretty.
You will be in each others heart always.

Debby said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit. YOu drove just past me. Lol

Martha said...

I'm so glad you had a nice visit Sheri, and thank you for sharing this special time with us. I know lots of wonderful memories were made.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely post!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The girls are beautiful, so adorable! I love their hair as well. And the pizza looks so delicious, I can almost smell it. We live in the mountains, at the foot of Afton Mountain in the Blue Ridge. I think maybe we used to eat Popsicle brand as kids. They had white double ones called vanilla. They have been gone with the wind for many decades now.

nonie everythingsewing said...

What a wonderful visit. Mountains always make me think they are hiding a secret, something we are meant to find, so we climb them looking, and looking.

Now, for some reason, I want a pizza!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

What a lovely visit to beautiful Mt Shasta with your family, Sheri! I'm sure the popcicles were a hit with the grands! Breakfast looks great. How nice your girls cook when they visit. I'm sure everyone had a wonderful visit. It looks like you had wonderful weather.

Marilyn Miller said...

That is such a lovely time with family. I love that the girls got to play in your jewelry box, eat popsicles, roast marshmallows. I love Mt. Shasta and even though I have only seen it from I-5 I still look forward to driving by it and also Shasta Lake. I am always sad to see how low the water is in the Lake. I imagine it is really low right now.

Carla from The River said...

I enjoyed seeing more of your families visit. I love the idea Nel has to climb the mountain with her daughter someday.
I also was touched about visiting the grave site. Praying for you all.
Thank you for sharing the poem too.
Love, Carla

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful post...Full of beauty,happiness and sweet remembrances. Always a pleasure stopping by!

Laurel Wood said...

Sheri, these are great photos. The pizza and the breakfast both look delicious. Karen and I always loved to play with our grandmothers jewelry at her dressing table. These are memories that your granddaughters will cherish forever. The mountain is breathtaking, thanks for sharing the poem and your family’s visit. Much love to you and yours.

Olde Dame Holly Rose said...

What a lovely post! Mount Shasta is amazing. You should put that photo you took on a postcard, it's that good! I like how you describe Nel's cooking: Slow and steady. Yes, bacon cooked up right is the BEST! What fun with the jewelry. I remember putting on my grandmother's screw-on earrings.

Linda O'Connell said...

Your post made me smile in so many places. The angel with accordian is very special.Such a memorable time for all of you.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Looks like you had a wonderful breakfast and lots of fun with the kids. The popsicles look yummy too. Perfect for a hot day!!!

Patricia said...

It is so lovely to read about your special family time Sheri. What fun to share jewellery with your granddaughters - I hope to enjoy many more times like this. Mt Shasta is spectacular, with or without snow. You live in a beautiful region.

Rajani Rehana said...

So yummy 😋

Jeanie said...

That pizza looks to die for! And so does your excursion toward Mt. Shasta -- it's beautiful, isn't it? I've never seen it but oh, I'd love to. Lots of wonderful smiles in this. Mia is just growing so much. Marshmallows, smiles, majestic mountains, popsicls -- everything in this post is filled with love and joy.

Kim said...

What a lovely post! You did so much to make this vacation special for everyone. Lots of happy memories, no doubt. Happy Tuesday, Sheri! Thanks for taking us along!

Veronica Lee said...

What a delightful post!

How fun to share jewelry with your granddaughters!!!

Happy Wednesday!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Sheri, I am very late!

That is a superb post. Family gathering, summer memories and the poem are what I believe, we are made of. We are made of "stardust" as the song says and within those particles of energy, there holds so much potential for the highest calling of LOVE. It seems to me that it takes a lifetime to find that out.

Rajani Rehana said...

Yummy ��

Carola Bartz said...

How lovely to have your family spending time with you. I imagine that was a very precious time.
Mount Shasta without snow is very worrying.

Ann said...

This is such a heartwarming post Sheri.
I can feel your happiness and smiles while reading
your words and looking at your pics.
I'm happy you had such a great time with you family ♥

Ann
https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah friend what a wonderful post. Your photos tell a story that makes my heart happy for you. In this life when we get to spend time with those we love time just flies and I am sure you are missing them all again.
Never read the poem about Mt. Shasta - just beautiful. To think that you live in such a lovely place makes me so glad.
P.S. your photo of the pizza made me want a piece badly. Looks scrumptious. Take care and continue to enjoy your new home. It must be getting close to a year of living there??

My Tata's Cottage said...

OH the pizza! Delightful but so much to see. I love to wander through the cemeterey when many of our loved ones are buried. It brings such a peace for me. I love the little angel. What a thoughtful soul you are. LOved seeing Mt SHasta and all the wonderful shares here. Thank you for making me smile today. Enjoy oyur weekend.