Monday, December 28, 2020

Keeping The Traditions Alive

We had a wonderful Christmas.  It was at Nel's house, and everything was so nice.  Lots of good food, and Nel worked very hard to make everything just right for her family.  She set a lovely table with red and gold.





And what is nicer than having a lovely table to sit at?  Having a precious elf in red plaid pj's sitting next to you.



Nel's holiday chalkboard art.



We always have a cheese ball and crackers before dinner.



Ever since I can remember, we have enjoyed a hot bowl of French onion soup on Christmas Eve.  Nel also made grandma's enchiladas.  There was tamales and potato salad too.



Jess did all the Christmas baking, making her Russian tea cookies, peanut butter drops, and fudge.  I didn't get a  picture of it, because they always seem to disappear quickly.  There was treats in every corner.



Here is Nel on her baking day with Mia.  They both made gingerbread cake, and it was so moist and Yummy.





Jess has always made an effort to keep my Christmas traditions alive.  She filled my stocking with so many goodies.....my favorite English Breakfast tea, See's candies, candy canes, chocolate, and always puts a couple oranges at the bottom of my stocking.  I don't know if she knows how much that means to me.  My heart sings when I see them every year.  ; )



She found the most beautiful carousel that plays music, a gift from Francesca.



And Nel gave me a sweet framed picture of Mia.  She knows how much I love dandelions, and Mia is holding one.



  

The next morning when I had my cup of coffee, I had so many goodies to choose from, but I went straight for Brian's homemade banana chocolate chip bread.   You would not believe how good this is.  Even the ends are moist.  This has been his gift to the family every year, and we all love it.



                           


I think it's sweet when the Dad's take an interest in the kids' toys.



  Oh, how I cherish these special moments.

Nel didn't stop from the time she woke up until she went to bed.  Thank you for a wonderful Christmas Day Nel.


23 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so nice to have lots of photos to look at again and again too! Enjoy your week! hugs!

R's Rue said...

What a blessing. Best wishes for 2021

Chatty Crone said...

What a wonderful, wonderful Christmas day - thanks for sharing. Did your other daughter get to come? I miss our family dinners when the kids were young. I love the girls cooking together. I love how Nel makes your stocking so perfect. That was a wonderful day. Sandie♥

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

You had a wonderful Christmas.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

What a great day you had! I love all the special treats and all the work Nel put into your Christmas! What a special day! We had our kids over and grandkids. It was fun too!

Louca por porcelana said...

What precious time!Family is all!Happy New Year!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning, Sheri!

Traditions are important, aren't they....they are like a heartbeat that keeps us going, living happily with our friends and family.When those traditions have to be adjusted, we adjust. When those traditions break, we break too. Glad to see you enjoyed what you've anticipated, time with those you love.

Jeanie said...

Your Christmas day looks beautiful -- filled with fun and love. Speaking of love, I adore Nel's chalkboard! All the little touches -- not the least of which are the little ones. It couldn't be more perfect! Merriest!

Martha said...

What a wonderful Christmas! I'm so glad you were able to spend it with family and treasured traditions. Nothing better than having little ones around on Christmas and Nel did a beautiful job with everything. You are blessed.

It's me said...

Wowwww heartwarming...good to hear it was all good......great presents good food andyor familly together....lovefrom me Ria ,...my Christmas was also verry goodi Enjoy it ....love 🍀💕

Marilyn Miller said...

What a lovely Christmas! All the food and gifts sound so special. Glad you had a good day with family.

Carla from The River said...

What a lovely Christmas, I am so happy you were able to celebrate with your family.
I started a new tradition this year. My grandma made fruitcake each Christmas for our family. I decided to start doing it in her honor. Sheri, the fruitcake turned out so good. Everyone has enjoyed it.
I am all about traditions too.
Love, Carla

handmade by amalia said...

I'm always inspired by your lovely family, the decorations and the great food, dear Sheri. I'm so glad that you were able to celebrate together, not to be taken for granted this year.
Amalia
xo

Susan said...

Oh Sheri. What a blessed and magical Christmas you had! Jess and Nel are wonderful bakers and decorators. The table looked stunning and all the treats looked yummified. WOWSERS I am SO HAPPY for you. Now, on to the new year and new adventures! You are a dear blog friend to me. Thank you for being YOU! HUGS! Susan

Patricia said...

What a beautiful Christmas you had, Sheri. It all looks so attractive from the table setting to the beautiful gifts. I love the Carousel so much, it is gorgeous. Nel is a real talent, the chalkboard is so cute and stylish. Happy New Year, Sheri.

Linda O'Connell said...

All those blessings add up to treasured memories. Looks like a fun holiday for you.

Debbie Nolan said...

Sheri it looks like Mel outdid herself. The food looks so good too. God bless you in the coming year. Will be looking forward to many more visits to your corner of the world. Thank you for always making my days brighter when I stop by. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Awww, it looks and sounds like it was a wonderful family Christmas. Happy New Year to all of you!

Mellie said...

What a lovely Christmas. I'm glad you were able to spend it with your family. All the food looks delicious!

baili said...

This is really beautiful touching post dear Sheri

I don't have a daughter though I wished for one my whole life .me and mom were like best friends and this is why I wanted daughter desperately but still I think I am blessed with very kind sons though they don't cook such delicious food yet they help me a lot in house hold
Thank you for sharing this ,learning beauty of love and relationships between mother and daughter makes me feel so good :)
Loved all glimpse of Christmas party.such a blessing to have all family together for the celebration :)
Merry Christmas dear friend and wishing you a happy new year filled with health peace, joy and prosperity amen!

Sandi said...

A cheeseball! Ha ha...that is one of our traditions too. 😊

Rose said...

I cannot believe I have not been here since Christmas! Again, I apologize. You have been such a faithful friend to visit my blog.

That table is set just so simple and so beautiful The food sounds delicious. And sounds like a good time was had by all.

Rose said...

I meant to say that is such a sweet photo of Mia.

And that I love Nel's chalkboard art!