Monday, June 10, 2019

Cherished Friend

You first introduced me to the 45 records, and we listened to some of your collection on the old record players.

 
I was so impressed with all your jewelry.  You even went down to the bead shop to buy cool beads to make your own necklaces and bracelets.  I think you were the first person who got me into jewelry.
 
 
We go way back, me and you.  You were my friend in grade school, and we had fun at each other's houses and running around the neighborhood.  Remember kim h?  She brought a little bizarre to our lives.  And it was the three of us for awhile, until she moved. 

 
We had the best time at the slumber parties that Tina threw for my birthdays.


Then came the awkward junior high years.  My mom made our clothes for the special occasions we went to.

 
Me and my sister were talking the other day, and the words she used to describe you were sweet, good, and down to earth.
 
My kids remember the smile on your face when we walked in your restaurant, the red meat tacos, and the pink cookies.
 
And then when I visited years later by myself, I got the special treatment and got to go in the back to chat while you made the food.  You always stuffed my tacos, and oh, that sauce!  We still talk about your famous tacos.  Did I ever say thank you for cooking for my family all those years? - all my family! 
thank you.
 
How I will miss our coffee time together.
That was our thing!
 
 
 
Look what I came across.
It's a card you sent me in grade school.
 
 
Well, this is me telling you I love you, you were a loyal friend, and I will miss you.
 
 
Tears are falling for you, Mea.
 
 
But the memories of us playing as kids
will stay with me forever.

 
Let us listen to one of the 45 records once again like we used to.  And if you remember, we sure wanted to walk down to loveland with t and a.  ; )
 
 
Peace, cherished friend.
 
~Sheri

30 comments:

R's Rue said...

Hugs.

Terra said...

She was a true dear friend, I can tell from your words, and this is a lovely tribute to her and your friendship.

Pilar said...

What a heartfelt tribute to your friend Sheri. Hugs

mona gabriel said...

so sweet. I'm so sorry Sheri..
Love, Mona

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Touchscreen writing.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is very beautiful and a wonderful tribute to friendships that last...and friends that are special! Sweet hugs!

Louca por porcelana said...

Adorable tribute to your loved friend.I am sorry,Sheri...I am sure God has plans for her in Heaven...We are in His hands and He is good.Best wishes for you.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness I did not expect that. I am so very sorry. I KNOW it hurts. You did love her and she loved you. What a nice tribute to her. Hugs and prayers your way. Love, sandie

Jeanie said...

This is indeed a beautiful tribute to someone who was clearly a very special, lifelong friend. I am so sorry for your loss, Sheri. I sometimes think it is harder to lose a dear friend with whom one shares so much than a family member we may not know nearly so well. The family we choose for ourselves.

I send you big cyber hugs as you mourn this very deep loss and wishes for peace and healing.

It's me said...

Hugs ❤️❤️❤️ Love from me Ria ❤️❤️❤️

Rose said...

Oh, Sheri....I am so, so sorry for your loss. I have not lost a friend from childhood yet, but did lose a friend a few years ago. So wonderful that you have all the sweet memories.

TARYTERRE said...

a lovely tribute. let the memories sustain you through this difficult time.

Susan said...

Dear Sheri. Please accept my deepest condolences over the loss of your dear friend. What lovely memories you both made. She sounded like a fun, lovable person. Oh, how terribly sad she is gone from this earth. However, she will live forever in your heart. Until you both meet again, enjoy the sweet memories. My heart is so sad for you. Susan

baili said...

Oh dear Sheri i am so sorry for the loss !!!

old friends are like part of us and loosing part of ourselves is great loss and painful indeed

you opened your heart and shared some really special memories with us

it was truly pleasure to know her through your touching words my friend!!!!!1

she was truly a genuine and pure person and warm friend!

i am sure Lord will send your love and hugs to her Sheri!

May she rest in peace and may your heart will always be cherished with precious memories of times together ,amen!
hugs!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Sheri,

Where do I even begin...I have often wondered what I'd say if a dear friend left me before I leave them. You did this well, and she evidently left a trail of love behind, a story that you have helped write.

Dear friend, be at peace.

Ann said...

Oh Sheri that was such a great tribute
to a loving and loyal friend.
I can really feel your emotions when I was reading your post
and the photos are wonderful things to remember her by.
Nice of you to celebrate the wonderful times
you've had together and for sharing it with us ♥

Ann
https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

Carla from The River said...

Dear Sheri,
I am sorry about your friend. I can tell from your writing she was very special. A true friend!
Sending hugs,
Carla

Dewena said...

Dear Sheri, what a beautiful and sad letter to and about your childhood friend. I'm so very sorry that she's now missing from your life but thankful that you have these wonderful memories. I'm sure she knew how important she was to you, and you to her.

A relationship like this is rare but so beautiful.

Pam said...

Oh Sheri, I am sorry to read about your friend. Its hard to lose one you love and care for, one you grew with and spent time with.....my heart goes out to you. Love what you wrote. Beautiful.

Marilyn Miller said...

Sheri, What a lovely tribute to your friend. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is hard to lose a good friend, especially one that makes good tacos (just saying)!!!

Sherry said...

Hugging you and praying...
What a lovely tribute to your
Precious friend.

lian said...

olá Sheri:
a partida sempre é triste.
sempre que veio aqui em seu blog, vejo como você é uma pessoa sábia.
Você valoriza tudo o que a vida tem de bom.
você sabe valorizar os momentos, as pessoas, e aquilo que é eterno em nossas almas.
A vida passa , as pessoas se vão, mas que bom para quem sabe valorizar o Verdadeiro !
Grande abraço.
:o)


Carola Bartz said...

So hard to lose a good and dear friend. I'm so sorry, Sheri.

Carolina G. Ticala said...

Estupenda tu entrada! Espero verte pronto por mi blog! Feliz fin de semana precios@! ♥️♥️♥️

The Liberty Belle said...

Your post was so sweet.... so beautiful and pure. Hugs.

handmade by amalia said...

A lovely tribute, I'm reading it with tears in my eyes. A big hug.
Amalia
xo

Debbie Nolan said...

Sheri your tribute to your friend so touched my heart. Sending you hugs!

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Oh Sheri, I too am very sorry to read about your loss. You wrote a wonderful tribute to your friend. It touched us readers as well.
Sending big hugs. xx

Debby Ray said...

Hi Sheri...I am just catching up on a couple of your posts and I see that you must have lost a dear friend. I am so sorry. But I surely think she would have loved this post...you shared so many sweet memories together. Sending you a BIG HUG right now!

From The Heart said...

What a blessing to have such a dear friend..all your life. Life on earth is short..but there is a beautiful heaven waiting!