Monday, July 30, 2018

She'll Be Here Soon

Baby's due date is just around the corner...


And I'm delighted to announce that we've finished the nursery!


I decided to go with the "Welcome to the World" theme from my shower. I asked a friend to create this sign as the centerpiece for the gallery wall, and then I attached some silk flowers to a gold frame and hung the piece above the crib.  




I also printed out pictures from our travels around the world. Of course, I had to include a few of baby's future travel buddy. 


London, England


Teddy in Athens, Greece


Zermatt, Switzerland


Teddy in Venice, Italy


New Orleans, Louisiana

Another friend made this Paris collage for me years ago. It goes perfect with the room! 


I've always had a love of exploration and adventure, and I hope my little girl will too.



We're building up her library. I loved this little bookshelf and its compartments for stuffed animals. 




This is Raggedy Ann, my absolute favorite toy when I was a little girl. My mom found this miniature Raggedy for the baby, and now my doll has a daughter of her own. 


Baby will need plenty of warm blankets for the cold winter months here in Georgia. My co-worker knit this sweet quilt.


And my mom found this cute hot air balloon blanket. It's so soft!  


My travel map has pins of all the places we've been to, and we're looking forward to adding many more with baby. 



And that's the nursery. There's just one little thing missing...but she'll be here soon... ( :


~Nel 

29 comments:

Pilar said...

What a beautiful nursery!

Sandi said...

Oh, so sweet! How exciting!

:)

Susie said...

Nel, I love the nursery. Your baby is going be a loved little girl. I loved all your travel photos. I know your mom is getting excited. She once again will have two little girls. Blessings to all of you, take care honey. xoxo,love, Susie

Karen said...

I love the theme you chose. The nursery is beautiful. It won't be long. I look forward to seeing the little one!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! You've really created a beautiful room. I love the banner and all the special books...oh and Raggedy Ann! What fun you all will have when this little one arrives! Hugs!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I love the theme of your little one's nursery! One that doesn't have to changed because it's too juvenile. I'm sure you are looking forward to traveling with your baby. A wonderful adventure awaits, Nel. ♥

Chatty Crone said...

I wish that I was a little baby coming home to that room. I love - love - love it. It is just wonderful and enchanting.

Susie Swanson said...

Oh what a beautiful nursery and she will fill your days with pure joy. Congrats again.

Carla from The River said...

The nursery is lovely. I can not wait for the announcement.
Prayers,
Carla

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Nel, the nursery is just gorgeous! Everything is just perfect! Waiting patiently to hear the news!!
Hugs, Jody

Louca por porcelana said...

How beautiful and sweet!Congrats!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

You are SO ready, Nel! Congratulations!

It's me said...

We can’t wait......hihihi...beautiful room.....love from me Ria x 💕💕

Patricia said...

How beautiful it all is. Best wishes for a safe delivery and joyful motherhood.

Susan said...

Oh Nel. So excited for you. Everything looks beautiful and will be even more beautiful when the little one arrives. Is your sweet Mama traveling to Georgia for awhile to help you? I hope so. You know that I wish you the very best and I will be awaiting news of the newest princess's arrival. Susan

Debby Ray said...

I love the theme and décor of "her" room! How excited you must be getting!

Marilyn Miller said...

I love it! What a special theme!

Red Rose Alley said...

The nursery looks so nice, Nel. The blanket will keep her warm this winter, and I love the one your co-worker knit - that is a special gift. Raggedy Ann hehehe I saw another one today at the same place I found yours and wanted to get it. And I LOVE the picture, What a Wonderful World. I can't wait to see the nursery....and all of you! : )

shayndel said...

Such an exciting time. Wonderful to make such a welcoming!! So precious and full of love!!♡♡♡God Bless you and your growing family!!

Anonymous said...

What a darling nursery, Nel. Love in every detail. I especially like that frame with the lyrics from What a Wonderful World, a song that always makes me think of your mom. Teddy's going to love his newest travel buddy. ;)
Can't wait for stork announcement.
xoxo

Net - "It's a Wonderful Movie" said...


Oh, what a sweet, precious nursery for your baby girl! I just love the pictures of the traveling teddy-bear, what a cute touch! It's clear to see she is already such a blessed little girl.

Many, many blessings to you and your family as you await the arrival of your precious miracle!

God's Blessings, Net

https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

What an enchanting nursery, Nel! Best wishes!

TARYTERRE said...

what a lovely nursery. bet you're getting really excited.

Ann said...

Everything looks fab and ready
for the little one's arrival.
Love the library,
she'll sure be a reader and leader.

Ann
https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

Holly said...

Aww what a wonderful nursery filled with beauty and purpose.

Carola Bartz said...

What a sweet nursery! I'm sure baby will love it. Good luck!

Lowcarb team member said...

The nursery looks amazing.
Thinking of you and sending my good wishes.

All the best Jan

Dewena said...

What a perfect theme for your baby's nursery! I love every detail and just know that this child does have a world of adventure waiting. The beginning years in this thoughtful room will instill in her the love of travel that her mother has. I also just read the post about your baby shower and was simply amazed at the uniqueness of it. Someone and her helpers did a fabulous job!

Bety said...

Oh, so cute! Your daughter will appear in a world filled with love and adventure!