Sunday, July 22, 2018

Oh, the Places She'll Go

Welcome to the world, Baby!


Well, not just yet...but soon. 


Nel's baby girl will be here before we know it! 



Her sister-in-law and I worked together to plan a very special baby shower with a wordly theme.





Nel's in-laws designed the beautiful centerpieces and the hot air balloons. I hand sewed these clouds using felt and cotton. 


I found these adorable board books on Amazon (under the vase) that are based on literature classics. It was perfectly fitting since Nel has a background in literature and teaches English. 


A taco truck catered the event, and the "Momosa" bar was a fun touch for the guests. 



The dessert table featured delicious sweets from around the world.





Guests wrote clever notes on diapers for the new parents to read in the wee hours of the night.


Nel's sister-in-law even reserved a caricature artist. It was a hit! Here is my family's caricature drawing. It was a co-ed shower so my husband joined us, and of course Francesca was there to celebrate her future best friend ;-)


Nel had a fabulous time celebrating with friends and family and preparing for the little one. I know she will be an amazing mother, and I can't wait to share this complex journey of motherhood with her. 
Adventure Awaits



~Jess

25 comments:

DUTA said...

Oh, my! All those sweets!
May the coming baby have a sweet life!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

My goodness, what a lovely shower, Jess! Every detail is just beautiful. Love the clouds and balloons along with the world theme. Carrying even into the wonderful goodies. Nel certainly looks beautiful and I can just bet she will be a wonderful mother. You both have a great one to follow. Blessings to you all as you await the little one's arrival. ♥

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Now that is a clever theme, and I love the dessert menu with various treats from around the world! May this baby grow up to love literature, art, learning, and travel!

It's me said...

What a Great party for a almost lovely mother.....it all look Great !!!.....love from me Ria x ☀️☀️☀️

Chatty Crone said...

Now that is what I call a shower! It was beautiful and quite elegant. You can tell she is loved and the baby is going to be beautiful.
Sandie

Sherry said...

what an absolutely beautiful and creative baby shower!
and such a lovely, glowing mommy. ♥

Susie said...

Sheri, What a glorious baby shower. I loved it all. The onesies. The center pieces. All the wonderful treats. It's going to be so fun for the wee cousins to be friends. Blessings to all, xoxo,love Susie

Karen said...

That was such a lovely baby shower. I loved the theme, decorations and dessert table! Francesca and the new baby will be such great friends. All the best to the new parents.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How special! Everything is just beautiful and now you can relax and wait for the big event! You have all the pretty things ready! Hugs!

Susie Swanson said...

Oh how special is this in ever way. Congrats to them and their upcoming bundle of joy. love and Hugs.

Louca por porcelana said...

How amazing!Your treats look delicious!A baby is a blessing.Best wishes!

TARYTERRE said...

elegant and creative. everything looks beautiful.

Jeanie said...

I can't think of a prettier shower! What a festive way to anticipate this wonderful new life!

Pilar said...

What a lovely baby shower! Everything looks so elegant! Nel you look beautiful! Love that dress!

Tammie Lee said...

Such a lovely celebration!
Many blessings to your family!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely theme and celebration.
My good wishes.

All the best Jan

Carla from The River said...

I LOVE every little detail, what a special event.
xx oo
Carla

Ann said...

That is such a wonderful theme
and what way to welcome your coming bundle of joy.
She'll see this someday and she'll
know that she is loved so much
by her family and friends.
I love every decoration you have,
and those desserts look so yummy.
Lovely pics too.


Ann
https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

Sandi said...

That cloud balloon! Gasp! :-)

When is she due?

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this is absolutely gorgeous. Every detail is perfect. The clouds almost brought me to tears. I made similar ones for our first born's nursery. xoxo . Those hot air balloon centerpieces are divine. Momosa and taco 'bout baby...teehee. Love, love, love.
Beautiful mom to be, Nel, and beautiful sister, Jess.
Many blessings to all.
xoxoxo

PS Sheri, you are simply lovely, my huckleberry friend. Thank you and BIG hug for always brightening my day with your kind words. Bermuda was as the locals call it, Bermudaful. ;) . xo

Red Rose Alley said...

Jess, I love those clouds that you sewed by hand. I kind of want one for a keepsake. : )

roughterrain crane said...

Your white and pink colors have made me happy, too.

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Beautiful baby shower!! Sorry, it's been a long time, catching up with reading everyone's blogs! Excited for the little ones arrival!
Hugs, Jody

Marilyn Miller said...

I love every bit of the shower.

shayndel said...

So sweet and beautiful and full of love!!!