Monday, March 27, 2017

Oldest Middle Youngest

I was reading an article about the Oldest, Middle, Youngest, and Only Child, and here are bits of what it said:
 
Oldest

While oldest children may have had a more strict - or at least watchful - upbringing, it also means they received a lot of attention because they had their parents all to themselves.
 
Many world leaders are firstborn kids, who are typically more driven and motivated.  They are also extremely competitive, confident, organized, and strive for greatness.
 
Successful
Competitive
Motivated
Strong
Responsible
Confident
Intelligent
Rule Keepers


Middle
 
Most middle children tend to be social and surround themselves with friends and collegues for support, which make them great networkers and entrepreneurs.  They aren't going to argue or compete with the older or younger sibling.  Middle children will adapt to any situation and try to mediate and act as a peacemaker during rocky situations.

Creative
Social
Excellent negotiators
Empathetic
People Pleaser
Resourceful
Diplomatic
Peacemaker


Youngest

Like firstborns, last-borns also tends to be highly motivated and driven.  They're competitive as well, but in most cases, they won't directly compete with their siblings - they're most likely to take a different course or even move to a new geographic location.

"They're always questioning the system and asking why things need to be that way. "  

This rebellious attitude also leads them to be more free-spirited, outgoing, and prone to taking more risks.

Youngest children know when to throw out a good joke or two - a study found that last-borns are more funny and easy going compared to their older brothers and sisters.


Rebellious
Competitive
Driven
Humorous
Risk Taker
Outgoing


Only Child

Only children may get an unfair characteristic  as being lonely and extra self-involved.  But research actually shows they possess cooperativeness, leadership, and emotional stability at the same levels as those with siblings. 

 
Guess who the Oldest Child is?    Nel!

Guess who the Middle Child is?   Jess!

Guess who the Youngest Child is?  Me!

I laughed when it said that "they're always questioning the system" because that sounds like me.  When I see something that doesn't look right, someone being treated unfairly, one single person being picked on and pecked at by many, I will step in and say something.  Maybe this has something to do with being the youngest child.  : )


So, what child are you?
 
 
 
~Sheri

 

24 comments:

janice15 said...

Interesting I'm the last child iam more driven and lol the only one who had any sense.. Happy Monday dear with love Janice

Jeanie said...

Well, I'm the only! And really good by myself!

Susie said...

Sheri, This is interesting. I am the 3rd born in a line of eleven. I am the oldest girl in the family though, so I was always watching kids, doing chores. The oldest ones in our family had to be responsible. The youngest had it a lot easier. Blessings, xoxo, love, Susie

Karen said...

I was the middle child. I think my own 4 kids don't fit the mold exactly because I had them so far apart. The oldest was 18 when the youngest was born.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Very interesting, Sheri. I'm the oldest. Some of the traits mentioned, I think, do describe me. Whatever our birth order, we each are so unique. I'm amazed when I think of this.
Have a nice week. ♥

It's me said...

I am also a youngest child.....from six....love to live in a big fammily .....love happy week from me Ria x ❤️

Pilar said...

Very interesting post! I've actually read some of these traits in an article a long time ago. I'm an only child and only child do get an unfair judgement for being self centred and spoiled. I can only speak for myself, but quite the opposite of those negative traits lol!

Walking the Bean said...

Thx for the post. I am the baby...by leaps! My older brother is 15 years older than I! I don't even remember him in the house so perhaps I am only as well?

Anonymous said...

I am the youngest child of three. Since you know Karen (my sis) I will joke with you and say that she and our older brother turned my hair WHITE! lol

R's Rue said...

Thanks.

Terra said...

Of two children I am the oldest. Birth order is interesting isn't it?

Pam said...

Well it appears that maybe there is something to all that for I am social, creative, people pleaser, resourceful, and a peacemaker.....hum! And my oldest brother is very successful, competitive, motivated, strong, confident and very intelligent. He is not really so much a rule keeper, nor am I ...that would go more to the younger brother. Although the first two are pretty much on, there has to be the one that is not so much, the younger brother. HAHA.....I enjoyed reading that, thanks for sharing.

TARYTERRE said...

this was interesting for sure. i am the oldest so some keen insights were discovered in your words.

Patricia said...

An endlessly fascinating topic Sheri. I am an eldest of six children married to an only. Not sure if that is considered a good combination but we work it out. I think my siblings would say I am bossy, but I have had plenty of practice. Also was very involved in raising the younger children, so learnt to 'mother' at an early age.

baili said...

i found this post VERY INTERESTING!
i myself was elder sister and was treated more lovingly by parents [i don't know why]

i have three sons and what a pleasure that they resemble with your article easily .
Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful stuff friend.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I am the only child. Self-reliant, emotionally stable (TO A POINT!) and willful. When I want to achieve something, I don't let anything get in my way!!!!!

Sarah F said...

That's so interesting, and mostly true (for my family at least). I am the oldest. I was reading all of them though because I have 3 daughters, and most of what it said DOES apply to them. :) Very cool, thanks for sharing!


xo, Sarah
http://www.hustlababy09.blogspot.com

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

I am a mix of the youngest and only. I am still trying to figure out who I am and authenticity is leading the way for self-discovery!
However, I do have 4 children and do see some categories that they fit in!
Happy Tuesday dear Sheri,
Love,
jemma

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I am the oldest.
I am for sure motivated, responsible, and organized.
Fun picture added to the post.
Carla

Anonymous said...

I am an only child, and I married an only child. ;) Can you imagine? Have never felt lonely, actually enjoy and crave solitude.
Love that painting.
<3

Debby Ray said...

Interesting stuff! I am the baby out of EIGHT! What does that make me? Still, the youngest, no doubt...lol! I'm not sure I fit the description though :) Great post, Sheri

Debby said...

I was an only child for 5 years -
Then I became the OLDEST.
Now I am orphaned with both parents gone and I am back to being the only child - with my younger sister gone, too.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

This is so true! Being the eldest of five and mother of four, I can see these traits in every one of my siblings and children. My husband is also the eldest and we have had to negotiate the power. Lol! I always tell him that he's not the boss of me! (He's a boss, so this makes him laugh) The traits of responsible, strong and motivated would be my strongest traits. I'm not so much competitive....unless it is a pie eating contest. <3 Love getting some insight into your personality as youngest! My youngest son is the same way and I love him for it. A fun post, Sheri! Hugs xo Karen

decorayadora said...

Hi deAr friend ,, espero que tengas un bendecido fin de semana