Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Goal!

Atlanta has a new soccer team, and their season just started. 


I became interested in soccer (fùtbol, as it's called in Latin America) during a 2010 trip to Costa Rica. 


The World Cup was going on, and it was amazing to see how passionate the locals were about the game. No matter where you went--the cafes, the carnicerías, even the beach--soccer was playing on TVs and radios, and the crowds in the background were always going wild. I've wanted to go to a live soccer match since then, and last weekend we finally got our chance. 



Atlanta United was playing the Chicago Fire, and we bought tickets for what ended up being a sold-out game. 45,000 people going crazy for their team, shouting "A-T-L! A-T-L! A-T-L!" It was really exciting, and Atlanta ended up beating Chicago 4-0! 


The view of Downtown from the stadium was so pretty too.




Just another perfect Southern Saturday. 

~ Nel        

16 comments:

R's Rue said...

Great.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would LOVE that! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

We live north of Atlanta and my husband has been telling me all about the new team!!! So happy you guys had a chance to attend a great game. The view is wonderful!!!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

So neat to see you and the hubby enjoying so much of your new location!
You are such busy little bees:)
Jemma

DUTA said...

I'm not a soccer fan , but I can certainly understand those who are.
I love your picture of the solitary tree on the beach.

janice15 said...

Latin people love their soccer even here in San Francisco if its on their glued to the tv with love Janice

Walking the Bean said...

Great shots! Love the people down in Costa Rica...{called Ticos}...they will do anything for you.

Susie said...

Nel, You are such a pretty girl with your handsome man. I loved the sky shot in the last photo. I am not into pro sports so much. I like to watch the little kids play. My g.son played soccer when he was small.:):)Blessings to you both, xoxo, Susie

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

So much fun to attend, Nel. Thank you for sharing the excitement of your game in beautiful Atlanta. Our son used to live there. It's a wonderful place. Enjoy! ♥

TARYTERRE said...

Looks like a funfilled way to spend an afternoon.

Susie Swanson said...

I didn't know about the soccer team but I'm looking forward to watching the Braves in their new field. xo

decorayadora said...

I deAr Nel ,,, qué bonito y entretenimiento dis ahí en ese partido

roughterrain crane said...

It's so good to enjoy "just another ordinary day" and catch lovely words (^^♪.

Red Rose Alley said...

I'll never forget when Jess scored FIVE goals in one game! It was amazing!
I'm glad you and Renecke get to see some wonderful things while living there in Georgia. : )

Carla from The River said...

Fun!
When I visited Ukraine, they felt the same about "Football" aka Soccer ;-)
My son Sam played for a local team when he was in Middle School.
Carla

krishna said...

You've enjoyed a lot.. My husband is a avid fan of soccer...

Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com