My son and his uncle planned a camping trip, and last week they took their hiking shoes and warm clothes and drove up to Lassen Volcanic National Park. There is a nice campground there at the park while they explored for a few days. I told them to send me any interesting pics that they take, and to listen for Bigfoot in the wild. They left from my house, and I kept asking them if they brought this and that, and they were surely prepared. But first, I made them a cup of coffee and dessert before they headed out. Don't these cake cookies look yummy?
They really are!
The elevation of Lassen Peak is 10,457 feet. The American Black Bears live in and around Lassen National Park, an estimated 30 to 50. No grizzly bears in the park. They had such a nice and peaceful time; sat around the firepit, made homemade jambalaya, tri-tip tacos, bacon and eggs for breakfast, went on hikes, and just relaxed. Except for the first one, here are a few pictures my son took while they were there. On one of the mountains on the very top, it looked like the shape of a bear.
This is Summit Lake. It's in the park about 10 miles from their campsite.
Here is the devastation area where the fires occurred back in 2006 or 2007.
Mount Lassen. Do you see the eye up there?
This cliff was near Mount Lassen.
Manzanita Lake is also located in the park.
I thought this was neat. This is a mud pot where the volcanic mud boils up from the earth. The whole area that surrounds it is a sulphur mud pit that's called "Sulphur Works."
They invited me to come along, but I thought I would stay home, go shopping, indulge in some good food, and you know, pamper myself. *a juicy, delicious, and messy barbecue burger.
I went to A's Home Shop and got to visit with my friend for a time. She has a room that is adorned with Christmas all year 'round, and I bought this pretty candle because I could put it out anytime or any season.
I also bought a chocolate huckleberry bar. This chocolate is a treat for me, as they are $7 for just one.
I had pizza one night, and watched the movie, Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris. It's a delightful film, especially for the fashion lovers.
I spent some time deleting old photos and making new files. That takes time, and it's always nice when I clean and clear out.
*Mia Charro Art
The autumn trees in my town are starting to wake up, sharing secrets with their golden and amber neighbors.
And Happy Birthday Jess, my October girl.
I hope you can take in some of the smells, tastes, sounds, and colors of October this week. It goes so very fast.









No comments:
Post a Comment