Monday, August 17, 2026

New Vintage Shop In Town

 It was a busy week with appts., and sometimes with that comes a little chaos.  I got high speed internet service, and when the technician came to install it, one of the wires was hooked up backward, so they had to start from scratch.  He called in another guy to help, so both of them were able to get it up and running.  Then came the downloading apps and passwords, ugh, which I'm not good at.  Thankfully, my son was around, and he knew what to do.  The bill each month is supposed to be much lower, which is the whole reason for my doing it, so we'll see.  After they left, I cleaned up, and three hours later, I had had it, so I went to see my friend A at the home shop to see what's new.  I didn't get a chance to thank her for the bracelet that I admired last time.  She slipped it in my bag and surprised me.  I told her that when she does that, I want to cry, and she said, "good.  It's good when something moves us."  She's right.  I didn't buy anything except a coffee chocolate bar.

Mia got a new Bike!

Grandma bought her a new helmet, which she needed.

Oh, it brought back memories of when I got a bike around the same age, only mine was a sparkly blue one.  It was a Sting-Ray bike, and I was thrilled to get it.



There's a new vintage shop in town!  I went to check it out, and it's a cute little shop.  Although it small, it has several vendors, which means they will get new items all the time.  Glancing at one of the tables, I saw an old candle holder that I've always wanted.





The owner said it wasn't new; it was an older piece.  She didn't know the exact year, but it was the real deal.



After shopping, I picked up a  breakfast burrito at the Mexican restaurant.  It was such a delight when I walked in and Mireya said, "Hi Sheri."  It's always so special when the business owners greet you by your name.





The neighborhood has been LOUD lately.  They are cutting branches and trimming trees, and a couple of my trees were on the list.  They were too close to the power lines, and I appreciate that they were trimmed, so I am less likely to lose power this winter.  Such is life in the mountains. 🌲🌲🌲  One of my neighbors had their tree chopped down, and I hate to see it when old trees have to go.



A simple meal of garlic chicken and carrots...and then later I made chicken salad sandwiches.



Have you tried these? - Evergood pineapple sausage.  I've been putting them in my cart lately, and I had them with eggs and cinnamon raisin toast.



It was a week of vintage and home shops.  I also went to a yard sale over the weekend.  Nice people.  The lady's mother-in-law passed away, and they were trying to sell her things and their own.  People have so much stuff.  Me and my siblings already took care of our parents' belongings, and it got me thinking about the generations that come and go in our lifetime.  I didn't buy anything, because as I mentioned before, I have to absolutely love an item to bring it home, and that still holds true for me.  Whenever I get anything new, I like to give a few things away.



"So, antiques."

"Yea...vintage clothes, dishes, toys.  Everything old is new again."

"Well, not much into the past myself.  I have enough trouble living in the present."

~scene from A Very Vintage Christmas

Summer's coming to an end, and I'll be decorating for Fall soon.  It's supposed to be in the 80s most days the rest of the month.  These mountains sure are lovely this time of year, getting ready to transition into a new season.




5 comments:

Jeanie said...

I hate seeing summer come to an end. You've been busy. Three cheers on the internet transition. And I love the candle holder. The chocolate looks good. I've pretty much given up on yard and estate sales -- I should be having one, not buying from one! Lots of tasty looking food here!

Shug said...

Mia looks so cute on her new bike. Gosh, I remember those days of new bikes...I think that just in seeing one, it brings out the kid in us. It's great that the trees are being trimmed ahead of Winter. In our area, trimmers have been using a helicopter to trim the trees up and down the railroad tracks. Very interesting to watch. I always enjoy shopping at new places and especially antique shops. However, I need nothing. I need to get ride of more stuff before even considering bringing home a new antique piece. that was so sweet of your friend to place the bracelet in your bag. Enjoy those 80 degree temps...it is still above a 100 around here. Sending you hugs Sheri...

Linda O'Connell said...

I can't tell youhow many times I pick it up then put it down and finally talk myself out of a treasure. I regret it and o back the next day and it is gone. Stop by, I went "shopping" withthe great grandsons last week. What a joy children are.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Good morning Sheri. Sounds like a productive week. My sister had a bike similar to yours. I had a ten-speed which I wore that poor bike out! It's hard to believe how much Mia has grown. Glad she has a new safe helmet. I'm sure you will enjoy your faster internet. That chocolate looks delicious.
Down here, people are commenting what a mild summer we have enjoyed. Non of those 110+ degrees which is a first in the18 years living here. But I still long for Autumn. It will be here, soon. 🍁

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Sheri...thank you first for your prayers...they mean so much. It looks so wonderful in your mountain home...I bet the air is exceptionally fresh. Hard to believe that August is half over and autumn will soon be upon us. Praying for rain for your area. Mia looks so special on her new bike and what a great and wonderful grandma to get her shiny pretty helmet. By the way I can stop by and help you eat that chocolate bar (LOL) - doesn't chocolate make everything better!! Hugs