When you read this, I will have already left for my trip. While I'm away, I thought I'd share the rest of the Greece pictures with you. Nel and Jess recently took a trip there, and they had the most wonderful time. In Santorini, they feasted on lamb stuffed gyros and honey drenched Baklava, and climbed cliff side trails connecting ancient trade routes across the island. Nel wanted to have a white bathing suit with gold jewelry in Santorini, and when we were shopping one day, we found these gold earrings that looked so Grecian, and I bought them for her. They arrived at the site of a small whitewashed Chapel tucked into a cave, and they rang the bells for blessings. On the island of Zakynthos, every few minutes, the color of the water changed from shades of cobalt to turquoise to electric blue. There was a view of the vineyards and a centuries-old olive orchard. Nel said that Zakynthos is truly one of the most beautiful places in the world she has ever seen. They enjoyed a dinner with a view of the Acropolis, and had these red drinks (cocktails) with big bubbles that pop and smoke when you make a wish. Here are some pictures, in no special order.
I will see you when I get back. My trip won't be nearly as grand; I'm just going to So Cal to see the family, but I'm sure I will have a story or two to share when I get back. 😉 Until then, know that you are special to me.







22 comments:
Beautiful photos. Enjoy your trip. God bless you!
What an amazing and magical trip your family went on. Simply gorgeous. Greece has always been on my bucket list.
Have a fantastic trip to So. Cal.
Eagerly awaiting all the stories you will bring back for us.
Sue
The photos are gorgeous, what a perfect tour of Greece. The sunset is stunning, and the night shot of the houses on the shore is gorgeous, like a jigsaw puzzle! Oy, all those sausages hanging up! What is the big eyeball? The church is gorgeous with it's blue dome. Have fun on your trip!
Thank you for the beautiful photos from my homeland! Your daughter truly visited some of the most beautiful places in Greece. I would say that Crete and Rhodes are equally beautiful, each with its own unique charm. It gets incredibly hot in Athens, but in August—when I usually go—there are fewer crowds, and it’s perfect. Have a wonderful time on your vacation.
The trip to Greece must have been amazing. The photos are so beautiful again. It’s a wonderful country. I’d love to be there right now. :)
Have a wonderful time, Sheri.
What a wonderful experience they had. I hope you have a lovely trip. Blessings.
Hi dear Sheri, your photos are gorgeous, dear friend. Enjoy your time.
Absolutely amazing. Greece is so beautiful.. as are your girls.
Love the pictures. Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Love all these photos. How amazing to go to Greece. What great memories they will have. Happy travels! I will enjoy all your memories from there too.
Gorgeous photos!! And I hope you have a blast in So California!
Big hug
Donna
These photos of Greece are priceless Sheri. A beautiful shot of the statues on the Acropolis and the earrings are indeed perfect. I have never been there but can see it is a magical place. Have a great trip to see your family.
I don't know - your trip visiting loved ones will be grand too. I went to Greece a long, long time ago. I don't think I appreciated it as much then as I would have now - after studying about it and learning.
The water changing color would be nice to see. Your daughter in her white suit with those earrings was sure pretty. Think about the word feast - I think back into bible times with Jesus. And the olive trees. I saw the meats hanging from the ceiling in the meat store.
What I really liked was that eyeball with the lashes. Just fun.
Have a great trip.
Hello,
Enjoy your time with family my dear.
I am so happy you shared Greece with us. I would love to visit.
Do your girls have a favorite country that they have visited?
We are having some warm days here Sheri, it is a good kind, humid and warm, perfect for the garden to grow. :-)
xo
Carla
Your pictures from Greece make me want to go. Have a wonderful trip to visit family. Enjoy every moment.
Sheri, the photos are stunning!
I went to Greece in 2023, and seeing your pictures brings back such wonderful memories of the blue domes, the food, and the sparkling sea.
Thank you for sharing --it feels like revisiting a dream. 🌹
I'm thinking adventuring runs in your family. You're off now and these glorious photos and smiles from Greece say it all!
Thank you for the virtual tour. Loved the photos. have fun in California.
Dear Sheri - enjoy your time away visiting your dear family. Such lovely photos of Nel and family's trip to that beautiful country of Greece. Hugs!
These Greece photos capture such a magical trip, especially the details like the gold earrings, the little chapel, the changing colors of the water, plus the Acropolis dinner view. I love how you shared the personal moments behind the places because those memories often become the best parts of a journey. Hope your So Cal visit brings just as many special moments to share when you return.
I hope you're having a wonderful time, dear Sheri. Every moment is precious.
Amalia
xo
Those are wonderful photos, Sheri! Just trying to play catch up here. Love the little Tshirt! xo Diana
Post a Comment