Monday, December 11, 2023

Christmas At Nel's

Nel just moved into a new house, and it's been fun for her to decorate it for the Christmas season.  Some of the walls are a soft green, so it will be easy to add a pop of color whenever she wants.  It was so nice to see some of the old things that Nel still has, and a few new things too.....Santa with his pipe, jolly snowman, gold reindeer, little ceramic cottage, and the most special of all is Santa with the velvet coat that grandma gave her.  Nel changes the ribbon on her tree every year, and I think that makes it festive.  She puts the golden angel on top of the tree that we've had since she was little.  Here's a few pictures of Christmas at Nel's house.







Back at my house, rice krispie treats, a family favorite.



 I couldn't resist this Charlie Brown window decal, and put it on my kitchen window.




I really like the Christmas stamps this year with the snow globes because I have collected snow globes throughout the years.





There is always oranges in my home at Christmastime.  They are a reminder of my mom who put oranges in our stockings, and how special she made our Christmases growing up.  We never got a whole lot, but there was always much food and togetherness.  (I'm the wee one in front).  





This was such a good Christmas movie.  I love home makeovers, and this lady really knows her stuff when it comes to home repairs and fixing up a run down house and turning it into a home.  It's a charming movie, and I recommend it.

My mom always taught me to say please and thank you.  Have you ever done something sweet for someone and they just didn't respond?  When I had this nasty sickness, I said a lot of prayers, and medicine and supplements are good, but it was your and my prayers that made me well.  Prayer is important to me, and going back to say thank you to the Lord is important as well.  So, I took a drive to the church and did just that.  While I walked on the grounds, I saw a flower arrangement next to the statue of Mary, and it wasn't just red roses, they were made out of crepe paper, and were beautiful.



Dear St. Francis



Winter is almost here, but the last of the Fall leaves were bunched together and looked so pretty.



Christmas jambalaya.  My son made a big pot of it on Saturday.  With Cajun sausage, shrimp, rice, seasonings, and so much more, it was his best jambalaya yet.  It wasn't too spicy, so I could eat it, and it was so delicious.



It's getting really cold here, and there's frost on the cars, but Sunday the sun shined through the pines.



The drive inn has breakfast burritos now, so I drove through and ordered one.  They were pretty good, but the ones at the Mexican restaurant are excellent.  Can you tell I love food?  ; )



This isn't the pioneer wagon on the main street of town, but it's another one as you first come into town.  They do a nice job decorating these, and it looks very festive for Christmas.  Its so old that it's falling apart.  I can imagine all the stories that were told by the people who rode this back in the day.  Just looking at it takes me to another time.







My brother-in-law from Seattle called yesterday, and we had a nice chat.  He said they may get some snow in Seattle, it's been so cold.  He just got back from a hunting trip and got a deer, and saw some bear tracks when he was in Oregon.  I appreciate when I get those family calls.



I love how this picture turned out when I downloaded it.  May the spirit of Christmas fill your heart with love.

~Sheri 


26 comments:

LoveT. said...

Great News, glad you're healthy again <3 Mhhhh Jambalaya is really good, i love it too.
All the decoration looks gorgeous. The golden angel Nel put on top of the Christmas Tree is very festive.
Have a beautiful new Week Sheri

R's Rue said...

Thank you for bringing joy.

Debby said...

Nels place looks festive. That gold angel is gorgeous! I’ll have to check out that Christmas movie. A good breakfast burrito is the bomb but not all breakfast burritos are the same. Some are just okay. That old wagon sure is old. I hope whoever manages its doesn’t allow it to totally decay. I love old stuff - especially rusty items and old barn wood. The photo of the sun shining the the trees is my favorite. I’m a tree lover so it caught my eye. Gods creation is magnificent and He gives us so much; even friends we’ve never met who pray. I too, believe in prayer and I’m so happy that you are feeling better. I’ve never had Jambalaya. I’m allergic to shell fish.
I wish for you this week, Gods peace and blessings.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I am so thankful to hear you are doing better, my friend! Yes, thank you is important--My parents were really big on please and thank you and I was as well with our children. Nel's new home is looking wonderful all decorated for Christmas. Your son sounds like a great cook---I love it when a man knows how to cook and shares his love with others. Your Rice Crispy treats look great--what is the green in them? Love your last photo--so ethereal! It's getting colder here as well. We awakened to snow this morning. Have a happy week, my friend!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Sheri,
Nel's place looks cozy for Christmas!
And so does yours and by staying in touch with loved ones and eating well is a big help in getting back to feeling well.
Prayers are as good as the Jambalaya!
Enjoy your 2nd Advent Week.
Hugs,
Mariette

Carla from The River said...

Hello Sheri, I am so happy to hear you are feeling better!!
And I agree, I believe in the power of prayer. I would love to learn to make such beautiful crepe paper flowers. :-)
St. Francis is very important to me and I have two statues of him in my gardens.

I love food too.

Love you Sheri!
Carla

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Buena historia de Navidad, con imágenes muy bien ambientadas.
Un abrazo.

Billie Jo said...

So much Christmas love here, my friend. I absolutely love the photo of little you! And candy canes and oranges are some of my favorite Christmas staples ever. Nel's home is beautiful. Have a cozy afternoon!

Jeanie said...

I just love that pioneer wagon -- I can see why it captures your heart. Nel's home is beautiful and I love all her holiday touches. So nice that she mixes the old and new together and does it beautifully. Love your candy canes. And yes, it's orange season, too. That jambalaya looks to die for -- hearty and warm and spicy; so delicious. I love that you walked the grounds of the church. The statues are lovely. And so are your snow globes. I've never seen a Charlie Brown decal like that but I love it!

Veronica Lee said...

I'm really happy to hear that you're doing better.
Nel's home looks incredibly lovely and filled with holiday cheer.
Like you, my parents emphasized manners like saying "please" and "thank you," and I've carried that on with my own sons.
That jambalaya looks delish 😋

Hugs and blessings, Sheri 🌹

Nellie said...

How wonderful that you are feeling better at last! Yes, prayer is powerful!! Great looking jambalaya! I love it! it’s exciting that Nel has a new home to decorate. She’s created a very festive atmosphere! Sending you the very best!

a heartful child said...

What a beautiful Christmas tree. I love the angel on top. I will be checking out that movie when I get home from work tonight.

DeniseinVA said...

Loved reading about your childhood Christmas, and your mom making them so special. Those age old lessons on good manners never go out of style. So nice to see the photos from Nel’s home. She has decorated beautifully. Sweet photo of you with your family. These old photos I am always saying are some of the true treasures in our lives, just like these photos are here. The movie sounds great, thanks for sharing that too. It is on my list. Your snow globe collection is wonderful, and thanks for sharing the stamps. I haven’t seen those yet. A great post Sheri, so much to see and enjoy. Thank you my friend :)

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my goodness, the first thing I should have mentioned was how glad I am about your improved health. That’s great!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful tree and home
The old wagon does have a bright cheeriness despite falling apart. The Jambalaya does look delicious! It is always nice when there's a special dish around the holidays.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness you have a lot of happiness in your post.

I love your daughter's new house -- very pretty -- I did not know they were moving.

I also think that ribbon on the tree is very pretty yoo.

Love candles and love daddy giving daughter a ride on his shoulders.

Love the Christmas picture too.

Were those stamps snow globes? I have to get some stamps. They are going up to 60 cents in January.

I will look that movie up - I wrote it out.

Who made the rice Krispie's?

I love Charlie Brown. Makes me feel goo.

The wagon is GORGEOUS with the red ribbon - red is so decorative.

The jambalaya - looks good but a little spicy for my stomach these days.

How do the Crepe flowers last in the outside elements?

Lastly I am so thankful that you are feeling so much better. WONDERFUL!


Lots of wonderful things.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

That is quite the angel on top of that tree! What is it about Charlie Brown and Christmas? They just go together, don't they?

Aaliyah said...

Your blog is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing good work, Keep it up. 100% sure I will share your post on all Social media platforms with my contacts..ហ្គេមរ៉ូឡែតពេញនិយម

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So sorry that you weren't feeling well, Sheri, and glad to hear that you are getting better. I do believe in prayer and gratitude and both have helped me in difficult times. Nel's new home is lovely and so is she and her sweet little girl. It's so sweet that she has her grandmother's Santa, too. My Mom and Dad put oranges in our stockings at Christmas, too! It's a very old tradition, I've read. The photo of you and your siblings is so precious. Where does the time go, and now here we are grandmothers already. We always watched the Charlie Brown Christmas and Rudolph as a family when I was a child and also with my own children. The little Christmas tree is such a sweet story. I've never had Jambalaya, but it sure looks good. I love that your son cooks for you. The sun through the pines reminds me of my childhood home. The scent of pine brings back memories. The old wagon is decorated so pretty. I'm so glad we don't have to travel in wagons anymore, though! Except for fun. The rice krispie treat looks so pretty and yummy. Hope you have a good week and continue to feel better my dear. Sending hugs xo K

roughterrain crane said...

You have a good eye. You can see happiness and contentment in daily life.
Nice Sunday to you and your family.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Lovely post! What a coincidence, we just tonight watched Charlie Brown's Christmas at our church. Prayer is very important to me also..I am so glad you are better. I haven't watch A Home for the Holidays yet...I'l be so glad to be done shopping for Christmas and be able to ha full day to just enjoy Hallmark Christmas movies. I love that.
You and yours have a very Merry Christmas!

Pilar said...

So many cozy Christmas decor photos! Congrats to Nel on her new home and I'm glad you're feeling better Sheri!

CABS IN HYDERABAD said...

Happy Christmas to you and your family. CABS IN HYDERABAD

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Sheri - I didn't realize how ill you were. So glad you are better. This is such a wonderful Christmas post...those rice krispie bars look excellent. I have not made those in years...hmm may need to add these to my baking list. Jambalaya sounds delicious. Yes friend I like you found myself thanking God when I felt better. Prayer certainly works and when we receive answers so good to say thank you God!. Hugs!

Marilyn Miller said...

All your Christmas festivities are so very special. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Aaliyah said...

Your blog is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing good work, Keep it up. 100% sure I will share your post on all Social media platforms with my contacts..បាល់បោះ 2024