Monday, November 9, 2020

Sowwy

November is a mild month, and I enjoy the colder days and hot drinks, as we get ready for the Thanksgiving season.

We had a power outage recently, which lasted about a day, so I had to get all my candles out and put one in each room.  The ones shown here are my favorites.





There was also a dust storm in my town, and the winds were so fierce that I was a bit scared to drive home from Nel's house.  The winds were 80 mph, and there were tree branches falling in the middle of the roads while I was driving and street lights not working.  It was a strange day.

The first rain of the season.





Every day, I hug my Jesus doll and ask for strength in this world and protection.



One day when I was watching Mia, we were in her room having a tea party with her bears, and she said a word that made me smile.  It is her new word, i'm sowwy (i'm sorry).  I don't know where she heard it from, but it's a special word that we don't hear that often any more.   She says it playfully, but she clearly knows what it means.  She's a smart cookie already.  She will say it if she accidentally steps on the dog's foot, or trips over something, just whenever she wants to.  When I first heard her say this, I got very sentimental and I thought to myself, how can this precious child say something so easily that people find extremely difficult to say?  I don't understand it myself, because I honestly don't have a problem saying I'm sorry.  If you offend someone, you say you're sorry, it's as simple as that.  Yet, it still remains hard for people to say this.  In fact, I haven't heard these sincere words from some people in a very long time.   Dear Mia, keep saying the words, when and if they're needed, you beautiful child.






We have a new President!  I really like listening to him speak.  He talks calmly and concise.  I watched his Victory Speech and appreciate some of the things he said.

I hope you have happy and healthy November days.

I'm still enjoying my pumpkin desserts.  ; )



~Sheri 

22 comments:

Martha said...

I'm so glad you made it home safely in that kid of weather. I would have been too afraid to drive in that! Mia is so adorable, what a little sweetie pie. I'm very happy with our new president too. I literally cried like a baby through the speeches!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest heart, you are so pure.

It only takes a few words and a big, courageous heart to apologize, doesn't it....

Your mia is SO precious that I want to cry just looking at her photo. May the Lord's spirit protect her sincerity and goodness.

I am happy, excited, humbled, hopeful and positive that our new president will provide the leadership that we need, by example: how to be decent.

We will never have anyone in leadership with whom we can agree 100%, but we can find that rare person who has the experience and the humility to admit they need the resources and helping hand of everyone.

The winds of November are here too. Our weather is very warm for this time of year in Minnesota, so it's an odd time. It's a time to truly reflect on how vulnerable yet how blessed we are.

Be safe sweetest friend. Love you, Sheri.

R's Rue said...

Yum

Chatty Crone said...

I love that Jesus doll. Mia is sooo sweet. They say it doesn't rain much in southern California. We are going to get rain from a new storm the next three days!

Louca por porcelana said...

Mia is adorable!Love your Jesus too!That cookie is yummy .Hugs,dear Sheri!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Power outages are annoying! Have a nice week;-)

Carla from The River said...

Hello Friend,
I am always happy when you share with us that you are getting some rain in California.

The storm you experienced sounds very scary. I am glad you are safe.
Lots of Love,
Carla

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Dear Mia is precious and brings us all happiness today. And since the sun is not out bright, I think I'll light some candles too! Hugs!

Hena Tayeb said...

Wow you have had quite an eventful week weather wise. Happy to hear you made it home safely. Children are so precious.

Marilyn Miller said...

What sweet words from your Mia! I love that she is learning that. Some of us do forget those words. In February I wanted to have coffee with an old work mate and say those words for it had been on my heart a long time. With the pandemic I couldn't get together with her, so last night I wrote to her to say I am sorry. So Mia's words really touch me. Such powerful words.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Sheri, what is so easy for some is so hard for others. Mia is precious and her words are beautiful. Like the Bible reminds us " a little child shall lead them" comes to mind when you shared this, sweet friend. I hope you don't lose electricity again, though I do like your candles. Have a happy week.

Billie Jo said...

We can learn so much from those little ones, can't we?
Love your cozy candles!
Have a nice day out there, my friend.

Jeanie said...

I love "I'm sowwy." We all need to remember those words. Along with "I was wrong". All words of grace. We could use a little more in this transition. Mia is a little doll!

Pam said...

Little ones are so special. They have a way about them when they say things that just either can break your heart or make it swell. I bet Mia is a really special little one. Wow....those storms sound wicked. We call those kinds of winds here, straight line winds. They do a lot a damage. A few weeks after the tornados, then COVID, we got hit with straight line winds, tore a tree down the street out of the ground. It was a big old tree, picked it up and set it down in what was the living room of a house. Luck would have it the older couple had just left the house. His health had not been good lately and he usually stays behind. The tree took out his chair. Glad you are fine and you made it home fine.

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Sheri we can learn so much from Mia. Wouldn't the world be such a better place if we said we were sorry when we hurt someone. Glad you arrived home safely in spite of the windy weather. Take care friend and keep those candles burning. Hugs!

R's Rue said...

Have a great day.

Linda O'Connell said...

Mia is adorable. Little children are always watching and listening. This weird weather is certainly frightening, isn;t it? We had straight line winds a few years back and driving homein 80 moh winds was beyond scary as trees were uprooting! Stay safe and God bless Mia.

Rose said...

I love having candles lit, but don't do it as much as I used to.

Carola Bartz said...

Bless that child! How sweet that she is saying these important words that hurt no one and do so much good.

Pilar said...

Mia is adorable! We can learn so much from toddlers. The phrase I'm sorry can mean so much for someone to hear. God bless you all! I'm glad that we have a new president. I'm ready to have decency, human compassion, and leadership back. Be safe Sheri, and have a wonderful new week!

baili said...

oh Mia is absolutely Sweet Heart :)))

thank you for sharing this lovely story Sheri :) i loved it so much and it made my eyes teary ,i think Blessed people say sorry and cursed do not because Lord claims that he inhabits within gentle ,soft hearts but not cold and hard ones so Mia is definitely a blessed sweet story just like her grandma and mom :)

i am sorry for the tough stormy day ,here two days were quite windy and then we had some downpour which was appreciated due to dust on every single plant in my garden
glad you have president now whom you like ,hope he will help people to forget previous loss
wishing you all the joy and peace !

It's me said...

Yeah...I think a better president....🍀 love from me Ria 🍀💕🙏🍀