Saturday, July 22, 2017

There Are Just Some Things

I was thinking about Jess being a new mom soon, and I was going through some stuff and came across some baby items I still have from when my kids were born, and a few when they were in school.  I always filled their rooms with color and imagination.   

This was Nel's music box
when she was a baby,
 
 
and when you open the drawer,
the clown dances.
She used to love listening
to the music.
 
 
My son's first baby football
 
 
Jess' clay hand print
she made in kindergarten

 
This was a card I gave to my son.
He used to always say this silly phrase
to his sisters.
 
 
 
Isn't this creative?
Jess made this frame out of
jig saw puzzles
and put her mom's picture in it.
 
 
Your world is made of your memories, and your memories are given to you by your world.  The whispering voice of happenstance is always in our ears.  "This is the world.  This is the way things are.  Look.  Pay attention.  Remember."
~Real Live Preacher

There are just some things,
reminding us of our babies, that are
too precious to ever part with.

Nel, only two weeks old
 
~Sheri

15 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love that you still have the music box and so many precious things. Some day those will mean a great deal to Nell and to her child. This just hits all the right happy buttons in my heart.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely post Sheri. I think it's great you still have those things. Wonderful photographs, wonderful memories.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheri, What a beautiful post. I love the precious items you have saved from your children's younger years. Such a beautiful photo of you with baby Nel. Such an exciting time in your family's lives. God bless.

RaeAbigael said...

awww these are very sentimental and very memorable things! so beautiful! <3

xoxo, rae
http://www.raellarina.net/

Rose said...

Oh, how precious! A wonderful post, Sheri.

RaeAbigael said...

hello again! thank you for the lovely comment, i really do appreciate. i followed, hope you can follow back too. keep in touch! =)

LoveT. said...

The last one of the Photos is beautiful. :)
Lovely Memories Sheri!

Happy Sunday <3

busyandfab said...

How nice to see these mementos, I also do that with my kids. I'm sure it feels overwhelming to find these again considering how much they've grown and you've really managed to keep them. Such a nice gesture of motherhood! Love this one Sheri! Happy Sunday dear!!!

www.busyandfab.com

Imogen said...

SO gorgeous, very precious pieces. I love to look at memories from the past. I never knew you had a son also!

Jill said...

Love that quote and our memories are so very precious! Even more reason to spend every moment with them that we can :-) They truly grow up so fast! Have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Jill

baili said...

Touching post dear friend!

Keeping the stuff of babies for life time I learnt it from my mother. She had a huge box filled with our childhood toys. When my eldest son born she gifted most of them to him . Later my both younger sons played with those toys. I still have few items of them.

These photos are adorable. You and you cute son look amazing !!!

Wishing your lovely daughter a safe healthy delivery and healthy baby my friend!

Pam said...

Oh Sheri, I still have things that belonged to my babies. The memories that those things bring on are great. Is this your first grandchild? Due date?... .I was 41 when I found out I was to be a grandma and I freaked...happy but freaked...I was just 41! To YOUNG. Now that I have 3 I like to think I am still too YOUNG! haha...

Carla from The River said...

Beautiful post, I enjoy looking at the items I saved for the boys too. Special items and memories.
xx oo
Carla

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes Pam, this is my first grandchild, and was so thrilled when Jess told us. : )

Susan said...

Oh, such a sweet post, Sheri. You are a sentimental soul (like me) , saving things from the childhoods of your precious kids. I LOVE the clown box. So precious. And now, a grandbaby coming! Joy, joy, joy! Susan